Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you engineers out there know the effect of ambient air temp on an air cooled bike? Is it as simple as:

Air=20 degrees warmer, Engine=20 degrees warmer, or is there more/less of a correlation between the two?

My bike runs at 3-4 bars whether I'm along the coast in 75 degree air or in the desert with 100 degree air. I can't tell you the exact air temp, because for some UNEXPLAINED reason the M1100 doesn't give air temp like the M696 and M1100s!!! :confused:

I also can't tell you the exact oil temp, because Ducati uses a silly bar system. I'd much prefer it just showed the oil temp numerically...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So ambient air doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference, less than the actual air temp difference?

Like I said, my bikes seems to run the same (I don't get exact numbers, just "bars") whether it's 70 degrees or 100 degrees outside.

Bottom line is I guess I don't really need to worry more about over-heating on hot summer days.

Great info, thanks for the responses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.