Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently waiting for a set of track fairings for my 998 (graciously supplied by a forum member) that I'm converting for track use. These fairings are airtech and feature the bigger holes for the intakes as found on the RS models.

Does anyone have input/experience with making big hole fairings line up with standard intake runners, or maybe modified aftermarket runners? Right now I'm thinking maybe some fibreglass work on the fairings before paint but I'd like to hear from anyone who has maybe made this work before me.

I know there are some rare DP carbon runners that can mate the stock airbox with race fairings, however at eye watering prices, this would defeat the purpose of a track conversion..

·
Registered
54 Posts
On 848/1x98 fairings, there is a "bushing" to adapt to the stock air runners. Check with Airtech about buying just the adapter bushings?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The only input I can offer is to say that I purchased a carbon front fairing with large intakes, and airtubes with large intakes to match, that then matched to the standard airbox intake size, from QB Carbon in the UK. I found the carbon to be of solid quality, reasonable light weight, all at a decent price.
Not necessarily the best carbon, not the lightest weight, not the cheapest price, but a good middle ground of all three. Could be worth getting in touch with them. I contacted them directly to finalize my order

·
Registered
2 Posts
Few years ago (3-4 years), i found a big airunners supplier.
They were fiberglass ans very light (i reinforced them with carbon covering).
I will try to find this guy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think this air tubes set from speed carbon (ex CM composit) would do the job

perhaps CORSA GARAGE in USA could help you to supply

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - the fairings arrived and I was able to fit the fairings to my stock intakes after all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts