Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. When I took off the air intakes to open them up, I notice what appears to be some sort of breather hole that is near the front and about 1.5 inches in diameter - anybody know what this is and if it matters if water gets in there?

Also, there is what appears to be a drain tube at the bottom of the right side of the airbox that connects to the transmission case - does anybody know what this is and whther water will screw something up?

I'm worried about water getting into the crankcase or transmission case. What say?

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Hi. When I took off the air intakes to open them up, I notice what appears to be some sort of breather hole that is near the front and about 1.5 inches in diameter - anybody know what this is and if it matters if water gets in there?

Also, there is what appears to be a drain tube at the bottom of the right side of the airbox that connects to the transmission case - does anybody know what this is and whther water will screw something up?

I'm worried about water getting into the crankcase or transmission case. What say?
soo.. the tube from the bottom right side to the transmission is the crank case breather.. you can look that up

if there is a breather tube it's probably water resistant,, if water gets into the air box, then at worse it will go into the motor and burn through on the back side, generally speaking this is not bad for your motor, it will just make steam on the back side,, Of course too much of anything can be bad.. water included.

·
Registered
412 Posts
it's an extra chamber for air to flow through to quite down the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts