Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to replace the stock airfilter by a more open filter. Which is the best? They advised me a BMC race filter als the best. BMC has also a sport filter which is less open. Or KN filter? Please advise or experience which the filters? I also change sametime to a Leovince decat.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm not sure what others are running but I ran a BMC race filter in my ZX14 and it was well made and really helped the bike breath well. I've used K&N in the past as well and they were OK. If you ride in a dirty environment (off road) a lot you might not want the race filter but if you're mostly on paved roads that's the way I'd go.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I run a K&N in my MTS....Honestly, looks exactly the same as the stock filter. I can not tell any difference seat of the pants over the original filter...but that's no surprise either. However the K&N sticker makes the bike much faster:rolleyes: Sorry I think we covered that in the 200MPH thread:D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Air filters? Bit like windscreens. Find one you like the look of and you'll convince yourself the bike is going better. (And I 4got to stick the K&N sticker on...is that why I can only get 180???))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts