Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 months now on my 2004 ST3. Slowly fixing all the little things.

The air filter box drain was chopped off at the wire clip on the left side of the engine, so I bought a new one - P/N 87720042A as per the parts book. It has the correct fittings on the end, but no grommet for the wire clip, and it is way too short. It ends up very tight in a straight line from the airfilter box to the bottom of the fairing and touches the front exhaust pipe.

Can anybody advise me of the correct part or what experience you have with this?

thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
David -
I see the tube you're referring to when I look at the parts book. Not sure where it's routed which I think is what you want to know. I'll look tomorrow but don't think I can help without taking the bodywork off.
Bill W.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
My 03 came with the drain that exited at the bottom of the faring. It had burned through at the exhaust pipe and I bought a new one as you did. What you're describing sounds like the same replacement hose I received. It is not supposed to exit the fairing any longer. The end with the grommet fastens to the wire loop and that's it. It will just drain inside the faring. Apparently this was a recall or general fix of some sort because they were burning through at the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 03 came with the drain that exited at the bottom of the faring. It had burned through at the exhaust pipe and I bought a new one as you did. What you're describing sounds like the same replacement hose I received. It is not supposed to exit the fairing any longer. The end with the grommet fastens to the wire loop and that's it. It will just drain inside the faring. Apparently this was a recall or general fix of some sort because they were burning through at the exhaust.
Thanks. That kinda makes sense as it would be very close to the exhaust. I'm suffering from the previous owner' errors. The tube from the tank to tha canister also burned through. I was on the wrong pipe on the tank

thanks

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts