Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to change the air filter to a MS 14

Does anybody have a linkt that shows the filter changing process?
I really appreciate your help

Thanks
Damian

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Requires removing the fuel tank. Not simple.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Requires removing the fuel tank. Not simple.
Not necessarily.

Rt. side panel off.
Air sensor unplugged.
Rubber "accordion" air duct removed.
Beak unbolted so it can be lowered for additional clearance.
Ball-tipped allen key for the three bolts securing the intake snorkel on the rt. side of the airbox. Pull out air filter, either replace (if using stock paper filter) or clean/re-oil (if aftermarket).
Slide air filter back in. Have fun trying to get at the top bolt! >:)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not necessarily.

Rt. side panel off.
Air sensor unplugged.
Rubber "accordion" air duct removed.
Beak unbolted so it can be lowered for additional clearance.
Ball-tipped allen key for the three bolts securing the intake snorkel on the rt. side of the airbox. Pull out air filter, either replace (if using stock paper filter) or clean/re-oil (if aftermarket).
Slide air filter back in. Have fun trying to get at the top bolt! >:)
I second this, and add it is a pain in the butt. I did it that way when I did the Termi kit on my MY13. Those damn molded in nuts like to spin when you go to remove them. You might want to spray them down with penetrating oil before you start but then everything is all oily. :( Your call.

t_bare

·
Registered
665 Posts
I second this, and add it is a pain in the butt. I did it that way when I did the Termi kit on my MY13. Those damn molded in nuts like to spin when you go to remove them. You might want to spray them down with penetrating oil before you start but then everything is all oily. :( Your call.

t_bare
Or, one could do the airbox mod. Open up the left side or the airbox (as seen seated on the bike) and chop the intake snorkel on the right. Once reflashed, owners are claiming a slight torque bump even with the stock exhaust. Of course, the major plus is much easier access to that troublesome third bolt.

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
Or, one could do the airbox mod. Open up the left side or the airbox (as seen seated on the bike) and chop the intake snorkel on the right. Once reflashed, owners are claiming a slight torque bump even with the stock exhaust. Of course, the major plus is much easier access to that troublesome third bolt.

What about the air sensor???

AND you doesn't hafta split the beak it can be removed without completely splitting the beak.

Much easier the second time!

Sos you puts lots of penetrating oil on the Plastic embedded nuts?
Is that so that they do Spin with the screw? making it a real headache???

I find that a quick snap to loosen the screws instead of steady applying more pressure to break the screw loose from the nut.
BUT I could be wrong!!! If the nut is going to spin the nut is going to spin.

Is it better to do the job when it is cooler than blistering hot? does that have any effect on the nuts spinning???

I think it is a gamble and you may as well find out now if there is going to be a "Problem" with the spinning nuts,

Hope I didn't scare you...

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
What about the air sensor???

AND you doesn't hafta split the beak it can be removed without completely splitting the beak.

Much easier the second time!

Sos you puts lots of penetrating oil on the Plastic embedded nuts?
Is that so that they do Spin with the screw? making it a real headache???

I find that a quick snap to loosen the screws instead of steady applying more pressure to break the screw loose from the nut.
BUT I could be wrong!!! If the nut is going to spin the nut is going to spin.

Is it better to do the job when it is cooler than blistering hot? does that have any effect on the nuts spinning???

I think it is a gamble and you may as well find out now if there is going to be a "Problem" with the spinning nuts,

Hope I didn't scare you...
The rest of the stuff in the beak and airchannel is still there, you just cut the hard plastic part.
My bike above btw.. And the gain in hp and torque is very real.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/150236-mts-1200-airbox-modification-free-hp-torque.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts