Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's been snowing here in Calgary, today is the first time I've had my bike out since I cut open the air ducts (my former carbon air duct post) - the result?

The induction noise is AWESOME!! And there is a noticeable effect (positive) on acceleration and power at the top of the rev range - definately worth it!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I have noticed a bit more grunt from the beast as the air has cooled from summer temperatures. Hope your extra power is more from your mod than the cool air. Sorry 'bout the snow bro...and the Flames;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I suspect the airduct modification will become de rigeur for all owners over time (much like Termis on virtually all Ducatis!!).

I notice Ducati have put out their own larger air ducts on offer, how long before the aftermarket guys jump in and provide us with same?

jdw

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Hey Jonny. We have been looking at those air ducts on ducati's web site for close to a year. No one has actually seen them. I suspect we will only see after market or home jobs.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
jdurward's runners look great.

We cut our open OEM air runners and removed the Heimholtz box in the middle too. It is louder and looks much better but I don't know if it makes any more power.

The problem with the stock air runners is that it is still constricted as it enters into the air box. The stock runner tapers down quite a bit before it enters the box.

We are working on some larger Carbon fiber intakes that eliminates this restriction as well as having a larger intake.

-M

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have had a pair of the Ducati intakes on order since may when I picked the bike up:mad: I even paid up front for them,but they just keep putting me off saying they changed there supplier & still dont have stock!! WTF:mad:

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
That actually looks pretty nice. The price ($125) must be for each, not the set, right?
Sorry, should have read further. The price is for them to modify your existing intakes and then shipping them back to you.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sorry, should have read further. The price is for them to modify your existing intakes and then shipping them back to you.

$125 to dremel out a hole & stick some fuckin mesh in.....FFS..

I,ll do em & ship em back for $100

·
Registered
358 Posts
We are working on some larger Carbon fiber intakes that eliminates this restriction as well as having a larger intake. -M
I want to see what Motowheels comes up with since DP hasn't produced the goods and I haven't seen how the DP part looks mounted anyway...:think:

AND...I would,nt mind , but no thought has gone into making it look tasteful & follow the lines of the bike.. Its just a massive fookin hole

1 - 20 of 23 Posts