Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday I went by my Singapore Ducati Shop and swaped the boss a FatDuc I bought in the states for his time to install some Rizoma grips and a K&N air filter with Dietrich's air box lid. The combination of my Staintune pipes, FatDuc and this airbox mod really are great in terms of broadening the power band and smoothing the low rev performance.

However, there is something bothering me. As Dietrich warned, one of the screws in the stock air box lid spun in its fastener and despite the best efforts of the mechanic he ended up stripping out the fastner and leaving a whole in the airbox. The Dietrich's air box lid does not utilize this particular fastner as it uses only four screws insterad of the stock six. My mechanic said he will replace the airbox under warranty when I have my 12000 km service. But in the mean time I am wondering if I should have plugged the whole left by the fastener as well as the whole from the unused screw in the air box. Is air in fact leaking past the air filter through these holes? Dietrich I hope you are out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts