Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my belts /valves & I go to take the snorkle off the air box, to swap 'cleaners and.....the screw at 4 o'clk just.......spins! Yup, SPIIIIINS! Hit it w/a smidge of heat, hoping it would 'pop'....nope. Its not coming out. My plan is to cut it off flush w/the air box, push the male/female out (actually, push it into the air box, making sure I dont drop it into the injector snorkle!!!!) and the put a new female in and.....

.....unless someone has a better idea?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
it would help if we knew what model/year Multi you have......maybe add it to your sig line via the User CP (control panel)?

thanks! ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After cogitating on my problem, while drinking a martini, I believe the 'easist' solution is this: the slot I cut in the 4 o'clk position on the snorkel will still fit under the bolt securing it to the air box. With the other two bolts attached, the snorkel still seals against the air box. Simplist solution.

Comments?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry, I was HUA for a moment. '12 MTS.
Hey guys, it looks like you talk another language:(
What does it mean all these technical story, I understood nothing.
Can you please put some photos or explain exactly what you do.Than I will try my best to understand:(
thnks...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess no one has had this issue. I'm gonna do what I posted previously, as trying to fix the issue is WAY more PIA then its worth. I'll put a small line of grease, on the rubber seal, to make sure it seals.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Chuck up the appropriate sized hex key in your drill and spin it while you are pulling slightly on the cover. The friction of the nut spinning will heat, soften, and eventually pull through. Once removed epoxy nut back where it belongs.

t_bare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts