Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified their airbox (1000ss)? If so what did you do and have you got and advice or pictures? I'm going to open mine up and would appreciate any input so I don't make a balls of it, thanks

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Airbox mods apply to 750, 800, 900 and 1000

Hey Duke, this is a very simple mod and the airbox is the same on all SSie models.

All you need is a jigsaw or similar - the job takes about 5 minutes after you take the airbox lid off to attack it with some cutting tool. Juts use a pencil and a ruler to mark your cutting lines. In the attached pic, cut about 1 inch (25mm) less off the front than I did, so rain/washing water does not get in.

Just make sure that the clamping pints are not cut out.

You will probably run a bit leaner, but SSie bikes tend to run quite rich, so you should be OK. Also, I can highly recommend the K&N air filter - I checked underneath and it is cleaner than anything I own!

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard, The pictures are great, thank you. When you say 'front' you mean the bottom (as your looking at the picture)? (pause 5mins while I go investigate) I just took the lid off and that makes sence, theres no rain here but it will get washed a fair bit. I have a K&N and Nemisis II arriving in the next couple of days so hopefully the fueling should work itself out..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW is that a Hyperpro damper on your bike? How is it working out for you and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking. I think I may need one..

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hyperpro

i bought this from the US - Kneedraggers.com from memory. Around US$500 delivered to Australia

I really like it. The only version available for our models is the CSC, not RSC as they still probably have on their web site in spite of me trying to get that message across to them.

It has a little knurled knob that has 22 or so settings, which I adjust from almost zero around town, to maybe 13 for hard bumpy twisties. I find on my bike it is relatively low speed, tight bumpy corners where the damper kicks in. E.g. corners marked as 35 to 55 kMh, but being taken quite a bit faster than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts