Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told the service guy to try to adjust the air bleed screw and he said that there is nothing you can do about that because whatever you do the O2 sensors will compensate or somethign along those lines. Thi sdoesn't sound correct to me.

Can someone chime in on this so I can get back to him while my bike is still in the shop.

Thanks,
Ken

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I believe the air bleed screws are mainly used to fine tune the balance of the two intake tracts.

·
Bon Vivant
11,237 Posts
Interesting, mine were set from the factory with the front cyl at 1.5 turns out and the rear closed.

They obviously do something or Ducati wouldn't have the techs adjust them for customers that have been complaining about the flat spot.
One of the techs told me he has been running customers bikes with both air bleed screws closed :eek:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, mine were set from the factory with the front cyl at 1.5 turns out and the rear closed.

They obviously do something or Ducati wouldn't have the techs adjust them for customers that have been complaining about the flat spot.
One of the techs told me he has been running customers bikes with both air bleed screws closed :eek:
I'll give a call to BCM in Laconia. They know what they're doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts