Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

i am diving deeper into changing the original dashboard to a digital dashboard. I really like the overall retro look of our bikes combined with modern "interiors".

I am into discussion with Rob (Reh) on how to install a motoscope pro and things are pretty clear on that side. From a design standpoint i really like the look of the Motoscope Pro, especially on bikes without fairing. On my Paul Smart i am not so sure because i think the instrument will look a little bit lost inside as it is so tiny.

As an alternative a came across the AIM MXL Strada which features a larger screen. The proportions fit somehow better. NCR uses that display as well on their bikes.

Anybody gone that route? I assume that the installation process is somehow similar to the motogadget. Correct?

Andreas

PS: As the 999 uses the same ECU than ours wiring should be similar as described in the PDF

Attachments

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Looks like the AIM MXL Strada has inputs for Speedo and Tacho, and then it has 8 analog inputs, which it might be possible to wire up to provide the other indicators required, i.e. EODB light, Neutral, Low Fuel, Indicators, High Beam.

I suggest you download the manual and read up on how the unit can be programmed/configured, or you might be able to download the programming software and run through configuring the unit without needing to hookup to the gauges.

I agree that these gauges will fill the space much better than the Motoscope Pro.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're going to be upgrading the gauges I'd go for the AIM Strada setup. You get a lot of great shit in that package. Massively programmable readouts for all your sensors + a lap timer + a shift light. Really useful for trackdays. The Motogadget Motoscope doesn't have any special features, it's just a digital gauge. Looks cool though.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Hi,

i am diving deeper into changing the original dashboard to a digital dashboard. I really like the overall retro look of our bikes combined with modern "interiors".

I am into discussion with Rob (Reh) on how to install a motoscope pro and things are pretty clear on that side. From a design standpoint i really like the look of the Motoscope Pro, especially on bikes without fairing. On my Paul Smart i am not so sure because i think the instrument will look a little bit lost inside as it is so tiny.

As an alternative a came across the AIM MXL Strada which features a larger screen. The proportions fit somehow better. NCR uses that display as well on their bikes.

Anybody gone that route? I assume that the installation process is somehow similar to the motogadget. Correct?

Andreas

PS: As the 999 uses the same ECU than ours wiring should be similar as described in the PDF
Sorry, I didn't look at the PDF that you attached when I first replied. It is possible it might work. I will need to study it further.

Have you tried containing AIM to confirm it will work with the Sport Classics? The Sport Classics are listed at the end of PDF.

Maybe NCR can advise?

The issue might be that the ECU doesn't have the necessary communications built in to the software, so someone like NCR may have programmed it in.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts