Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a 749s that seems to be getting worse with each passing track day?? She stutters (as if it has run out of gas) like mad when I get on the gas or even when a large headwind comes along. I saw another thread that said do belts and valves (its time for this but waiting for winter) but can belts and valves make this much of a difference? It was all good but I have been at the track the last few weeks and it seems to get worse each time and now its even noticeable on the street. It happens at all RPMs so I thought maybe PC3 but with it being all stock that seems dumb. Any other suggestions of where to start or just dive into the belts, valves and throttle?
thanks
Scott

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
check your plugs first off,then fuel filter.coils have also been known to get corroded and degrade

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow the coils even. Well that can be done by tomorrow so we will have to see if either of those might be the issue. Checked the fuel filter though. just seems weird that it hangs up even when the wind blows. Im sure that there is an air intake sensor but not sure how to check that. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Sensor failure should throw an error code. I vote for the fuel filter issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh... alas... found the strange power loss threads! Ill read through a bunch of this and then post up more stupid questions later. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts