Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My dealer is giving me a great deal on an AGV Ago replica helmet.(Retail $600.00.) I love the Italian colors and helmet fits great on me. I did research and of course found the helmet is a replica for Mr. Agostino who won 15 motorcycle championships. I also found he raced for MV Agusta and Yamaha only. Would I get rocks thrown at me by Agusta and Yamaha fans if I get the helmet to compliment my Ducati? :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
what you need to do is run out and buy an mv agusta rr and park it in your garage. that way when some aficionado comes and gives you grief on the duc, you will have some ammo;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wear my old Arai Ago helmet as my main lid. I also wear a Phil read replica too (both MV riders at one point)! To me, my helmets are tributes to the riders I l like and not necessarily chosen to match the bike. I like simple designs personally and both of these helmets fit that bill. I do notice that a lot of GP riders wear helmets that don't even match their leathers or the bike....:confused: Be happy and do your own thing.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wear my old Arai Ago helmet as my main lid. I also wear a Phil read replica too (both MV riders at one point)! To me, my helmets are tributes to the riders I l like and not necessarily chosen to match the bike. I like simple designs personally and both of these helmets fit that bill. I do notice that a lot of GP riders wear helmets that don't even match their leathers or the bike....:confused: Be happy and do your own thing.

Yes, you are right......even most testers in all the Motobike mags I subscribe to don't match their suits either.....and yes the replica helmets are a tribute to them not their sponsor. I love the colors and they fit my bill for having a very visible helmet in my city. So I may just get it this weekend.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what you need to do is run out and buy an mv agusta rr and park it in your garage. that way when some aficionado comes and gives you grief on the duc, you will have some ammo;)
Trust me....I have my eye and wallet on this MV.....someday

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wear the helmet most Yamaha riders have no clue who Ago is. Most MV riders like Ducatis. I wore a Kenny Roberts replica for years on my Paso I still have it sitting on a shelf in the garage next to the helmets I wear because I liked watching Roberts race. If I could get a Joey Dunlop replica I would wear it even though it would not match the bike at all.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just buy the helmet. I'm wearing a Biaggi repl. on my Duc. OW yeah, he did race Ducati :D
No kidding, just buy it if you like it ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wear a Shinya Nakano helmet :)

He never raced for Ducati, i just like the bright colours he uses and the big bug eyes on the front.

I say, if you like the helmet, and it looks cool, get it. 90% of people wouldnt know what the helmet was about anyway and of that 10% who do know, only 1% of them might give you crap about it, because the other 9% wont know he didnt ride for Ducati :)

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
I haven't gotten any grief for wearing any of my lids for one Mr. R*ssi. You sure shouldn't get any for a rider of Giacomo's caliber.

ps. I just got the same lid last week. Can't wait to start using it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I guess it wasn't meant to be.....I went by the dealer last weekend to pick up the Ago helmet. He was reaching for the helmet in a high shelf to box it up and he slipped and dropped the helmet! It fell about 10 feet. There is some minor damage to the paint...visually:mad:

The manager saw what happened and told me he could no longer sell for liability reasons. I understood....I was not gonig to wear a helmet that has alreay suffered a crash!

I ended up getting a really good deal on an Arai Vector Ducati stripes helmet instead....not as cool but can't fault Arai for quality. I have been compliments on the helmet so I guess it's not so bad.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The rule is your helmet has to match your belt buckle.:cool:

I had no idea riders put so much thought into this.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rule is your helmet has to match your belt buckle.:cool:

I had no idea riders put so much thought into this.
I speak for myself but having an Asian background.....we strive for harmony and balance and if that means my helmet matches my belt buckle so be it! :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had an Asian background once. But I gave it up for lent.:D
And in the southern hemisphere, the helmet has to match the socks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
not to sound rude but....... I have been on this forum under various names for over a year now. I remember your first post M5. People like you are the reason I don't like other Ducati guy's for the most part. Between your whining, or look at me, or what will other people think attitude, you come off as a douche bag. If you like the helmet then get it. If not STFU!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just curious, why "under various names?"

Not sure if M5 is the type you are describing, but I'm not a fan of "that type" either. My experience has been that every car and bike type has some of the "look at me" crowd. Heck even bicycles. The only thing I can find in common is that it tends to be more prevalent in newer models, regardless of make. Thus I avoid any 1098 based posting that doesn't have a clear mechanical nature.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts