Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going on a long ride and am wondering if there is a windscreen that significantly reduces wind blast for a 2000 SS 900. I just ownder if it is even worth looking. And info would be nice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I am going on a long ride and am wondering if there is a windscreen that significantly reduces wind blast for a 2000 SS 900. I just ownder if it is even worth looking. And info would be nice. Thanks in advance.
Zero gravity double bubble... ;) Check the classifieds...under my post...nudge, wink... But really, yes, it works very well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not to tread on Ruf's sale, but Zero Gravity also makes a touring screen that is still pretty available. It has a higher profile than the d-b. The double-bubbles are hard to find, since they are no longer manufactured.

Don't forget that comfort has a lot to do with where the wind blast hits you after it is redirected by the shield. My worst experience has been with a shield that was too high and put the wind right under my chin:mad:. The best place, I've found, is square on your chest because it reduces weight on the arms and doesn't contribute to helmet noise.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Don't forget that comfort has a lot to do with where the wind blast hits you after it is redirected by the shield. My worst experience has been with a shield that was too high and put the wind right under my chin:mad:. The best place, I've found, is square on your chest because it reduces weight on the arms and doesn't contribute to helmet noise.
+1

The screen on my SS is standard, but I just changed the screen on my busa to a PUIG DB.

I can see the instruments clearer now, but around 180mph the wind noise is a bit distracting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Howdy Gunzen, i cant comment personally on on the Zero Grav however a mate of mine has nothing but good things to say about his Double Bubble from ZG. Hope that helps a little.
Wow Critter thats like, off the top of my mellon, 305ks an hour! You must have extra spandex sewn into your leathers to accomodate your balls, then again you didnt happen to woof back a couple of jaegers after a hit of the old telazol did you?, either way splendid stuff Gov.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wow Critter thats like, off the top of my mellon, 305ks an hour! You must have extra spandex sewn into your leathers to accomodate your balls, then again you didnt happen to woof back a couple of jaegers after a hit of the old telazol did you?, either way splendid stuff Gov.
Just kidding mate.

But how do you know about the dissociative anaesthetic Telazol that we use in dogs and cats?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts