Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost finished with my 93 900ss Paul Smart replica. I am looking for a nice speedo/tach that will complement the build.

I have seen one that runs off of a gps but I can't find the maker of it now.

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Just wanna say Big Thanks for posting the link above Nate. :)

Been looking to replace the clunky old analog white faced Veglia gauges on my 900SS with something a bit more updated and modern while still retaining the same sort of look and feel of analog gauges. The slender light weight electronic Speedhut gauges fit the bill perfectly.

I particularly liked the fact that you could customize just about every visual aspect of the gauges to your own personal specifications. They've got plenty of options for you to choose from in each category.

I went with a red faced Revolution GPS speedometer with digital display,stealth black bezel,and checkered flag logo and a matching Revolution tachometer with built in shift lights.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Just wanna say Big Thanks for posting the link above Nate. :)

Been looking to replace the clunky old analog white faced Veglia gauges on my 900SS with something a bit more updated and modern while still retaining the same sort of look and feel of analog gauges. The slender light weight electronic Speedhut gauges fit the bill perfectly.

I particularly liked the fact that you could customize just about every visual aspect of the gauges to your own personal specifications. They've got plenty of options for you to choose from in each category.

I went with a red faced Revolution GPS speedometer with digital display,stealth black bezel,and checkered flag logo and a matching Revolution tachometer with built in shift lights.
Can you give us a picture of those gauges mounted? They look great in the picture but curious about once they're in the bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the one that I am thinking about getting. Has speedo with built in tach.

Keeps 0-60, 1/4 mile times, top speed, etc. Looks like a pretty cool gauge to me.

If you ask them, they will pack it with silicone to make it water resistant for no additional cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi,

This is what I am using:

It is a Translogic dash, quite nice, it is less expensive than the other digital dashes but more expensive than say a set of new dials.

Gray

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
If you ask them, they will pack it with silicone to make it water resistant for no additional cost.
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up Nate I missed that.

Can you give us a picture of those gauges mounted? They look great in the picture but curious about once they're in the bike.
I'll see what I can do for you Redpato. I've currently got a c/f dash panel mounted on my bike but the mounting holes for the gauges are just a bit too large in diameter.

The new gauges have a spin-on locking ring on the back of them so I'll need to mount those gauges directly to the dash panel. I contacted the manufacturer of the panel that I have and asked if it was possible to custom make me one with slightly smaller diameter mounting holes for the gauges.

I'm currently in the process of a ground-up resto on my bike and it's not likely that I'll be done with it this summer but if I can get my grubby little mitts on that dash panel I'll install the gauges and post up a pic so you can at least get an idea of what they look like mounted up in the dash. Fair enough?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi,

well, this is not supposed to be about me but... The top clamp is from Performace Parts in Germany and a video of the dash on my bike is here

Gray

·
Registered
53 Posts
They look awesome. Glad I'm not married. You guys are always putting up pics of such nice bike bits!. But I love it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know it’s an old post...
So most of these new digital "jobs" are suitable for our 91-98 bikes?
Busted warm gear on mine. Plus unreliable speedo....... Really thinking about it....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts