Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MC's are starting to go. I found several vendors that state Brembo is no longer selling rebuild kits for OE masters, and they're near impossible to find now. That said, I'm looking for replacements.

From searches, I gather the RCS16 (clutch) fits the '13 line without modification. From forum posts, it seems the RCS19 (brake) may require modification to the stock handguard, at least on later models.

Vendors state that a $60 Brembo mounting kit is required for each side. I'm not sure how 'required' these are, though.

Is anyone able to confirm the above and/or recommend non-OE alternatives that don't require any modifications?

TIA.

·
Registered
414 Posts
To my knowledge, Oberon only makes clutch slaves, no?

I'm looking for clutch and front brake master cylinders that fit without requiring modification.

Nobody's replaced their OE masters?
As far as I've seen, I'm the only one that has posted as having done that. But as you know, mine weren't a direct fit and required hand guard surgery.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I've seen, I'm the only one that has posted as having done that. But as you know, mine weren't a direct fit and required hand guard surgery.
Right on. Appreciate that info, too.

OPP racing site lists MTS '10-'15 for fitment, so I'm hoping the '13 won't require surgery. Haven't been able to confirm. May as well bite the bullet and find out, because bleeding every 300 miles or so is beginning to be a PITA.

I did see quite a few posts here indicating issues with the OE masters. I'm surprised nobody else has replaced them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts