Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the DP cap with the CF trim. Had the same one on my Multi, it fit that tank better, but still looks good on the Sport. Just a little extra space around trim to tank edge opening. Works nice though. No problems installing or with vent line. Ferracci makes a nice one also. Either much lighter than stock!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a black one. Works fine, but I have it for about 1 year now and instead of black, it looks like dark copper coloured :(. So overall, I am not too pleased with the quality of the material.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I bought a black one. Works fine, but I have it for about 1 year now and instead of black, it looks like dark copper coloured :(. So overall, I am not too pleased with the quality of the material.
It is not a matter of material, but anodising process…

Normally black anodising withstands UV rays for a very long period, but cheap processing causes the colour to turn from violet to brownish in a short period…

Remove your cap and bring it to a good company for aluminum surface treatment… they can reanodise it for you

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have an NCR titanium cap with the twist off design. No problems with it at all.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i have a silver (natural aluminum) one and really like the looks. had a venting problem though, and i'm glad i caught it/fixed it. here's some info on that:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=64988&highlight=fuel+cap

you pay a price for fashion though, because you have to find a place to stash the cap (which comes off completely vs. the hinged stock unit) when fueling. not a huge deal, but it requires a rag/wipe when you're done and it's just one more little niggling step to deal with at the gas station. i'm paranoid about dropping mine and having it get a big old ding in the threads or roll off into some drain hole (with my luck).

funny, but even with all that nonsense i still like it :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had the black SSR for a year and haven't had any problems with anodizing or anything else. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Same as GTRossi ..... mine had a venting issue...... the threads covered the vent hole.... a few minutes with the Dremel and all OK. Nicely made.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Glad to hear that they are generally a good bit of gear.

Geoff, I like your point though, hadn't thought of the whole "where to stash the cap" when fueling. But I don't think that alone will deter me as I quite like the idea of not having to fumble with the key to open the damn thing!

Cool, so I'll put in my father's day order then.

Thanks again chaps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts