Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many fluid tanks are there and what are the sizes? I am looking to snatch up the Rizoma covers, and don't know how many are on the bike off the top of my head and what size they are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
you will need 3 of them, but why not save up your pennies and a saturday afternoon to replace the tanks completely -- not just the lids..looks so much smarter in the end.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Stock for stock the front brake is always the larger one. The clutch and rear brake are the same size. I went with all three in the small size. If you keep a eye on pad wear you can run a small one for the front brakes. Rizomas are usually in stock at Moto Wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock for stock the front brake is always the larger one. The clutch and rear brake are the same size. I went with all three in the small size. If you keep a eye on pad wear you can run a small one for the front brakes. Rizomas are usually in stock at Moto Wheels.
So the two front ones are vertical and the rear one is horizontal? I'll likely need to get three medium ones I take it?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Any size you want. The med and large have a choice of outlets, the small ones (like on my bike in the photo) only have a down outlet. I made some mounts so they would match. You also only have a band mount on the small one's. The med. and large have a strap that fastens to the bottom via tapped holes. There are many to choose from on the moto wheels site. JS

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
as js noted any size or outlet you want. I went with mediums all around -- horizontal on the bars and vertical for the rear brake. only trick on that is the medium for the rear brake requires a little metal mending of the attachment -- nothing a pair of pliers didn't fix.

also check PJs for the rizomas -- they have good prices and great service.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts