Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to fix a couple different problems with my ducati that have honestly just made it unpleasant to ride.

I built my own custom exhaust thats flow through much like the exhausts out there aftermarket. I flashed my bike with a ducati performance map for slipons (since thats basically what my exhaust is). A 5 minute ride around town could completely cause me, my clothes, my gear, everything to smell like... terrible.

I assume the bike is just running rich.

So my question is, if I were to go buy something off the shelf, (I know termis can come with a separate ECU), do these exhausts have the same problem? For all the slipon exhausts, is a ecu tune expected? Anyone have an exhaust / ecu combination that doesnt smell as bad?

I had a sv650 with custom exhaust non-catted, and that thing wasnt even tuned for the custom pipe, and I dont remember it stinking anywhere near as bad as this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I haven't had any bike smell particularly strong other than my MV Brutales, but was improved with a proper tune. Still smells a bit rich but I have long learned is bit of a "feature" of the brand. Love the bike still. On the SF I have not had any issue with overly rich smells, which has arrow slip ons and a PCV, nor the 1098 which has a Termi full system and DP ecu+Bazazz. My guess is that you are needing a proper tune.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
So if your exhaust flowed like the aftermarket ones and you used that map and now it’s too rich I’m going to guess it doesn’t really flow like the aftermarket ones do, or the map would be real close. Did you actually run tests on it or are you basing your opinion on how loud it is ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts