Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

While waiting to recover my parts for the engine of the Supermono (look here) I start to watch the injection

The part I have:
  • 1098 Throttle bodies + TPS
  • two 848 injector
  • water temperature sensor
  • crankshaft angle sensor
  • lambda wideband sensor (+ Innovate LM-2 if necessary)
I search on ECU to manage my engine, the Autotune function would be a plus I think to start tuning before dyno run

Who tried aftermarket ECUs here?
Ignijet ?
Microsquirt ?
Microtec ?
MyECU ?
Other ?

I'm going to do my harness completely so I'm not looking for an ECU that plugs directly into a Ducati, on the other hand I would not like it to be too complicated to set the various sensors

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello everybody,

While waiting to recover my parts for the engine of the Supermono (look here) I start to watch the injection

The part I have:
  • 1098 Throttle bodies + TPS
  • two 848 injector
  • water temperature sensor
  • crankshaft angle sensor
  • lambda wideband sensor (+ Innovate LM-2 if necessary)
I search on ECU to manage my engine, the Autotune function would be a plus I think to start tuning before dyno run

Who tried aftermarket ECUs here?
Ignijet ?
Microsquirt ?
Microtec ?
MyECU ?
Other ?

I'm going to do my harness completely so I'm not looking for an ECU that plugs directly into a Ducati, on the other hand I would not like it to be too complicated to set the various sensors
Salut,

Compared to the above ECUs, an IAW5AM is
A) way cheaper ; I bought mine for 100eu used, plus 30eu for the cables to program it.
B) very reliable,
C) more throttle/RPM breakpoints for finer granularity of the maps,
D) extensive knowledge base about it in this forum, with maps to get you on the ballpark .
E) doesn't have an autotune function, you'd have to make your own corrections , which is not a drawback - from my point of view.

For my HYM1100 engined SS, I matched - with not much fuss - a HYM1100 IAW5AM, 749/999 Throttle bodies/injectors + TPS, modified ST3 wiring with air temperature/pressure sensor from some other models and an analog tacho from an ST2.
Crucial part was using a SC1000 .xdf and .bin files, to be able to see all the needed maps/tables that could be modified with TunerPro.

I don't have any experience with Innovate products - I've just read some mixed reports on these.

Cheers.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have a Motec M400 in my 888, seriously powerful ECU but it needs a bespoke loom as well as the knowledge to write the sensor parameters and then apply a base set up and finally a good usable tune, none of this is cheap! OMG it was a decision that has kept me poor! I did it because i converted my bike to 748R shower injection and despite the sage advice (Which i ignored) from my mate who owns a shop to install a late model Ducati ECU and adapt the loom, it is done, it works, fine actually.
But i would never do it again, ever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not a bad idea actually the iaw5M

on the other hand you can use any dashboard ?

I would just like to have a 996 rev counter

·
Registered
746 Posts
Changing the rev counter is easy, what most do is take the gauge to an instrument repairer and have them convert the electronics so it reads off a coil signal then wire it that way instead of having to go through the ECU. I had to do that with mine when i converted my cams from the std strada with mechanical tach drive to SPS which has an electronic rev counter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
it's not a bad idea actually the iaw5M

on the other hand you can use any dashboard ?

I would just like to have a 996 rev counter
I used an ST2 rev counter - same electronics as the 996's.
My .bin ( mapping/program) is from an SC1000, that configures a pin, can't remember which at the moment, to output a signal of 33.3 Hz for every 1000 RPM that's needed for the rev counter.
In your case, you'd use a s4rs .bin on account of the higher revving engine .
I believe, this too uses the same method to indicate the revs (similar consoles the SC1000 and the S4RS).
Or do as loony888 wrote above - should be cheap and easy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks.
Good idea the IAW5M.
My engine is an "half" 1098/1198, so easy for the MAP but I don't know if its possible with 1X98 .bin to not use the 1X98 dashboard

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can use a S4RS .bin and transfer the maps/tables from a 1X98 .bin to it.
Not much to it, and you can use an analogue tacho.
Injectors and TPS are the same in both models, so you don't have to do any adjustments for them, as I had to do with mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts