Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

While waiting to recover my parts for the engine of the Supermono (look here) I start to watch the injection

The part I have:
  • 1098 Throttle bodies + TPS
  • two 848 injector
  • water temperature sensor
  • crankshaft angle sensor
  • lambda wideband sensor (+ Innovate LM-2 if necessary)
I search on ECU to manage my engine, the Autotune function would be a plus I think to start tuning before dyno run

Who tried aftermarket ECUs here?
Ignijet ?
Microsquirt ?
Microtec ?
MyECU ?
Other ?

I'm going to do my harness completely so I'm not looking for an ECU that plugs directly into a Ducati, on the other hand I would not like it to be too complicated to set the various sensors

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello everybody,

While waiting to recover my parts for the engine of the Supermono (look here) I start to watch the injection

The part I have:
  • 1098 Throttle bodies + TPS
  • two 848 injector
  • water temperature sensor
  • crankshaft angle sensor
  • lambda wideband sensor (+ Innovate LM-2 if necessary)
I search on ECU to manage my engine, the Autotune function would be a plus I think to start tuning before dyno run

Who tried aftermarket ECUs here?
Ignijet ?
Microsquirt ?
Microtec ?
MyECU ?
Other ?

I'm going to do my harness completely so I'm not looking for an ECU that plugs directly into a Ducati, on the other hand I would not like it to be too complicated to set the various sensors
Salut,

Compared to the above ECUs, an IAW5AM is
A) way cheaper ; I bought mine for 100eu used, plus 30eu for the cables to program it.
B) very reliable,
C) more throttle/RPM breakpoints for finer granularity of the maps,
D) extensive knowledge base about it in this forum, with maps to get you on the ballpark .
E) doesn't have an autotune function, you'd have to make your own corrections , which is not a drawback - from my point of view.

For my HYM1100 engined SS, I matched - with not much fuss - a HYM1100 IAW5AM, 749/999 Throttle bodies/injectors + TPS, modified ST3 wiring with air temperature/pressure sensor from some other models and an analog tacho from an ST2.
Crucial part was using a SC1000 .xdf and .bin files, to be able to see all the needed maps/tables that could be modified with TunerPro.

I don't have any experience with Innovate products - I've just read some mixed reports on these.

Cheers.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a Motec M400 in my 888, seriously powerful ECU but it needs a bespoke loom as well as the knowledge to write the sensor parameters and then apply a base set up and finally a good usable tune, none of this is cheap! OMG it was a decision that has kept me poor! I did it because i converted my bike to 748R shower injection and despite the sage advice (Which i ignored) from my mate who owns a shop to install a late model Ducati ECU and adapt the loom, it is done, it works, fine actually.
But i would never do it again, ever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not a bad idea actually the iaw5M

on the other hand you can use any dashboard ?

I would just like to have a 996 rev counter

·
Registered
429 Posts
Changing the rev counter is easy, what most do is take the gauge to an instrument repairer and have them convert the electronics so it reads off a coil signal then wire it that way instead of having to go through the ECU. I had to do that with mine when i converted my cams from the std strada with mechanical tach drive to SPS which has an electronic rev counter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it's not a bad idea actually the iaw5M

on the other hand you can use any dashboard ?

I would just like to have a 996 rev counter
I used an ST2 rev counter - same electronics as the 996's.
My .bin ( mapping/program) is from an SC1000, that configures a pin, can't remember which at the moment, to output a signal of 33.3 Hz for every 1000 RPM that's needed for the rev counter.
In your case, you'd use a s4rs .bin on account of the higher revving engine .
I believe, this too uses the same method to indicate the revs (similar consoles the SC1000 and the S4RS).
Or do as loony888 wrote above - should be cheap and easy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks.
Good idea the IAW5M.
My engine is an "half" 1098/1198, so easy for the MAP but I don't know if its possible with 1X98 .bin to not use the 1X98 dashboard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts