Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking to part ways with my SuperSport and move to a Monster. I've been looking at the new models, and was wondering if there is much difference in aftermarket availability between the 696 and 1100? Seems like I find lots of goodies for the 696, but not as many for the 1100. Apart from engine-related, are things pretty interchangeable?

Thanks,

- Ryan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Obvious things like mirrors and the DP touring seat are interchangeable as well as the factory skins - I did all that when I upgraded.

Things like the Comp Werkes FEK kit are slightly different to make room for the solenoid under the seat on the 1100.

The Rizoma (or other) belt covers should be the same

The front sprocket (14-tooth for torque) should be the same

Aftermarket carbon bits (nose cone, front and rear fender) should all be the same - I did the same nose cone on both

Pegs, passenger hangers, foot controls are the same

Lights, blinkers, etc... are all the same

The fluid reservoirs are different at stock, although they should be the same to replace - just need different mounts for each bike

The ECU is different and slip on Termi system (I'm pretty sure) is also different.

The engine is much different - 696 wet clutch, 1100 dry - and the engine is set up a little differently also.

The levers are different

The bars and bar mounts are different

The rims are different - 5 spoke on 696 and 10 spoke on 1100 not to mention the double sided vs. single sided and the 696 is setup for a 160 rear (I've been told it could fit a 170) and the 1100 is a 180 rear

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes..

The difference in horsepower, torque, and FUN! :D
Dont remind me! The 1100 wasn't out when I got my 696.... I wish I would of known that they were releasing it....

Not that I don't love my 696, cause I do, but the 1100 would be nice now

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The Rizoma (or other) belt covers should be the same

The ECU is different and slip on Termi system (I'm pretty sure) is also different.
Belt covers are MUCH different. The 1100 is a DS motor as well as the cylinders are much longer so the covers are much longer too.

The slip-ons are exactly the same, just the ECUs that are different though there are different heat shields for 2010 so the 2010 silencers are different than prior model years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
:D
Dont remind me! The 1100 wasn't out when I got my 696.... I wish I would of known that they were releasing it....

Not that I don't love my 696, cause I do, but the 1100 would be nice now
Sorry!

I loved my M696 too, I just love the M1100 more.

Kind of like a wife... you love her just as she is of course, but take the same package and replace the 32A's with 36DD's and WOW!!! A new kind of love! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts