Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing the clutch slave cylinder, does the oil drain out of that area? In other words, will I have to drain the engine oil in order not to get engine oil coming out of that area?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the only fluid is within the slave disconnect the banjo put new slave in place put banjo back on new slave and bleed...both ends if necessary...at clutch handle and slave.

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The little brother seems to have been playing with the stock slave cylinder, while I was installing the new one. He pushed the piston all the way in! Now from experience with bicycle hydraulics I know that I have to take it apart. Do you guys have any ideas on how to pull the piston back out, besides taking it apart.

If I have to throw it away that's fine, the new bling overshadows this.

-Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
you should be able to just install the slave, and apply pressure with the clutch lever which will fill the slave with fluid and pop it back out. Can't remember for sure, but I think that happened to my aftermarket slave, and it wasn't an issue.

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is that he pushed it all the way back in. I don't want to put it back on the bike so it is not a major issue, but just for future knowledge. I guess we learn from our mistakes...Only let the little bro help with washing, and waxing the bike from know on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The problem is that he pushed it all the way back in. I don't want to put it back on the bike so it is not a major issue, but just for future knowledge. I guess we learn from our mistakes...Only let the little bro help with washing, and waxing the bike from know on.
Easy fix... just blow a little air with your air gun in the banjo hole and piston will pop right out. Be careful! Too much air and piston will SHOOT out! :eek:

Goin' fer 25

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Easy fix... just blow a little air with your air gun in the banjo hole and piston will pop right out. Be careful! Too much air and piston will SHOOT out! :eek:

Goin' fer 25
+ eleventy billion ... go easy with the air pressure, as you will have a large projectile coming out of the cylinder if your not careful :eek:

also, suggest that once you have the piston pushed back out to proper position, that you pre-fill the slave cylinder with new brake fluid before you install it on the motor. this will really help reducing the amount of time and effort required to bleed the system.

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I have been using the stock slave cylinder as a paper weight on my desk since last night, haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts