Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Those are very nice triple tree, I'm guessing your bike is a 06 model, looking at the pictures, do these triple tree come pre made with the holes that can screw those 2 bolts on your oem dash, or did you fabricate something to make them fit?

Are those clip on similar to oem when it comes to position, does it feel lower or higher in postion?

It's an 06.

The holes for the dash are an absolute nightmare on the corse dynamics triple which is sad because the rest of the piece is beautiful. Our oem dash bolts are too big The "required" hardware is a monster dash mount kit - which is 2 of those double sided threaded rubber bumper things and two other other fasteners that lock in from the top. Aweful design. It just bounces around all over the place and the angle is totally wrong. Why they couldn't just thread the holes with the correct (slightly larger) thread is beyond me.

My current setup uses the lowering brackets with a few different bolts. It's still not right but working on it.

The driven clip-ons are very close to the stock low version. Very happy. Maybe slightly lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
It's an 06.

The holes for the dash are an absolute nightmare on the corse dynamics triple which is sad because the rest of the piece is beautiful. Our oem dash bolts are too big The "required" hardware is a monster dash mount kit - which is 2 of those double sided threaded rubber bumper things and two other other fasteners that lock in from the top. Aweful design. It just bounces around all over the place and the angle is totally wrong. Why they couldn't just thread the holes with the correct (slightly larger) thread is beyond me...
Why don't you have the existing holes re-threaded? The hardest part will be taking everything apart to get it off the bike if you have someone do it for you (if a drill is needed to open the hole...I don't know). Small winter project :grin2:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Why don't you have the existing holes re-threaded? The hardest part will be taking everything apart to get it off the bike if you have someone do it for you (if a drill is needed to open the hole...I don't know). Small winter project :grin2:

I need to make sure the radius of the dash mount will fit into the cut radius of the clamp (it's slightly sunk). But yes - this would be the best way to go for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry for the old thread resurrection. Can someone tell me if the throttle/clutch cables on the monoposto still fit with the ST3 bars installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Sorry for the old thread resurrection. Can someone tell me if the throttle/clutch cables on the monoposto still fit with the ST3 bars installed?

Thanks
I had no problem when I did it on my 06 Sport 1000, I did have to move the
rubber cable ties to different spots to free up some slack though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My '06 S1K went from the original ultra low original clip ons to the tall ST ones and now I have a GT top triple and a low rise handlebar all with the same original throttle and clutch cables and hydraulic lines. No issues.

Reactions: spartanheed

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had no problem when I did it on my 06 Sport 1000, I did have to move the
rubber cable ties to different spots to free up some slack though.
Hi hypermo. Can you remember if you had to drill a new hole in the bars for the pin on the throttle housing? It's 180 degrees the wrong way on mine

21 - 28 of 28 Posts