Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a complete set of aftermarket clip-ons for a 06 sport classic monoposto, anyone suggest clip-ons I should buy that are very similar, or the same to the oem clip-ons style.

Thanks

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,170 Posts
I'm looking to buy a complete set of aftermarket clip-ons for a 06 sport classic monoposto, anyone suggest clip-ons I should buy that are very similar, or the same to the oem clip-ons style.

Thanks
I am sure that many of us can make suggestions. But first you have to define what you are looking for.
Do you want them to be as low as the stock clip-ons? Or something taller for a more relaxed position?
Height and angle can be modified in some, but they will cost more.

In my case I tried a set of MH900e clip-ons and then an Aella set with more angle and better looks. Both were too low for me. A bit uncomfortable for my riding style. I ended up with a nice set of ST3s with a more comfortable riding position. Both the MH900e and Aella sets are now abandoned on a garage shelf.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure that many of us can make suggestions. But first you have to define what you are looking for.
Do you want them to be as low as the stock clip-ons? Or something taller for a more relaxed position?
Height and angle can be modified in some, but they will cost more.

In my case I tried a set of MH900e clip-ons and then an Aella set with more angle and better looks. Both were too low for me. A bit uncomfortable for my riding style. I ended up with a nice set of ST3s with a more comfortable riding position. Both the MH900e and Aella sets are now abandoned on a garage shelf.
I'm just looking to replace my damage oem both L+R handlebars, I would rather stick to oem style/layout as much as possible (as I'm comfortable with them) im trying to find the exact style and layout as oem as much as possible on a aftermarket clip-ons that can fit the exact oem parts that fit with the clip-ons.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Is ST3s clip-ons higher than the original Biposto 2007 clip-ons or the same? I'm looking for something higher, my back hurt.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,170 Posts
I'm just looking to replace my damage oem both L+R handlebars, I would rather stick to oem style/layout as much as possible (as I'm comfortable with them) im trying to find the exact style and layout as oem as much as possible on a aftermarket clip-ons that can fit the exact oem parts that fit with the clip-ons.
There are some OEM clip-ons available on ebay if you want a direct replacement :

OEM New Ducati Sport Handle Bar Clip On Pair Aluminum 36010701A 36010711A | eBay

2006 Ducati Sport Classic Handle Bar Clip Ons Clipons Paul Smart SC1000 1000S GT

Is ST3s clip-ons higher than the original Biposto 2007 clip-ons or the same? I'm looking for something higher, my back hurt.
There are two stock heights for Sportclassic clip-ons. I can't tell which set is on your bike now. You can see both "tall" and "low" in this picture posted by another forum member:

ST3 clip-ons are about the same height as the "tall" sportclassic clip-ons, but their angle makes them even more comfortable. You can see the ST3 clip-ons compared to the "tall" sportclassic clip-ons here:

ST3 clip-ons installed on another member's Sport 1000:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Egomexico, thanks for your pictures, I may upgrade my ergos once again, this time with ST3 clip-ons :smile2:
There are two stock heights for Sportclassic clip-ons. I can't tell which set is on your bike now. You can see both "tall" and "low" in this picture posted by another forum member:

In the above picture the 2006 clip-on is not mounted while the mounted one is 2007 and later.

Here's my conversion from 2006 OEM clip-ons to 2007 OEM clip-ons: Hi-rise clip-ons install - AirCooledNut.com. This helped with my comfort level a little bit.

Personally, I like the LOOK of the low, 2006 clip-ons. In fact, the lower the better looks really great. However, my damaged back totally disagrees and if I'm to enjoy mia ragazza for many years I have to make this cosmetic sacrifice :frown2:

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,170 Posts
Here's my conversion from 2006 OEM clip-ons to 2007 OEM clip-ons: Hi-rise clip-ons install - AirCooledNut.com. This helped with my comfort level a little bit.

Personally, I like the LOOK of the low, 2006 clip-ons. In fact, the lower the better looks really great. However, my damaged back totally disagrees and if I'm to enjoy mia ragazza for many years I have to make this cosmetic sacrifice :frown2:
Good pictures!

I also like the look of the low clip-ons, but you get a tougher rider position than with a superbike. Not a good option for street and back roads riding IMHO.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I went with a set of Woodcraft 3" rise clip-ons they are only 1.5" higher
than stock but the change from 12 degrees to 7 degrees made a massive
improvement in comfort. They are also adjustable in the Z axis they don't
have locating pins like the stock clip-ons. Very comfortable and you still
have the clip-on look not high enough that they look out of place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I went with the regular woodcraft, which are considerably lower than the OEM biposto raised ones. So the posish is more aggressive and considering I didn't put rear-sets on my bip it's definitely not for touring. But the whole cockpit looks way cleaner now.

One word about woodcraft: their anodizing really blows and their shit turns purple really quick, so I have mine powdercoated black before mounting to avoid this issue.

See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I went with the regular woodcraft, which are considerably lower than the OEM biposto raised ones. So the posish is more aggressive and considering I didn't put rear-sets on my bip it's definitely not for touring. But the whole cockpit looks way cleaner now.

One word about woodcraft: their anodizing really blows and their shit turns purple really quick, so I have mine powdercoated black before mounting to avoid this issue.

See attached.
+1 on the shitty anodizing, my bars went purple then brown!! I say go with good 3rd party bars that will fit the Woodcraft ClipOns or PC them as suggested.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Running the Driven "halo" clip-ons. I like the new clamp design. Good adjustability too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Does Apex make some for that bike ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Running the Driven "halo" clip-ons. I like the new clamp design. Good adjustability too.

can you post a picture of those clip ons, I ordered a pair and they weren't adjustable and didn't look anything like the instructions either

·
Registered
360 Posts
Pics are here. The angle isn't adjustable but the bar can be shortened or lengthened as needed. Nice finish. Good hardware. So far so good.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Its seems most Black Anodizing will turn purple I got these belt covers cheap
I think because they had turned purple. Its very easy to remove the Anodizing
and polish them or paint, Powder Coat them.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its seems most Black Anodizing will turn purple I got these belt covers cheap
I think because they had turned purple. Its very easy to remove the Anodizing
and polish them or paint, Powder Coat them.
Those came out great! Can you give me a high level description of what you did (sanded, polished?)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It was very easy I used a multipurpose cleaner degreaser called
Greased Lightning you soak the parts in it and the color/dye from
the anodizing will come off only took 15-20 Mins. The parts will
be a dull silver I polished them with metal polish then used a
red pad to give them a brushed finish. I left the faces polished.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics are here. The angle isn't adjustable but the bar can be shortened or lengthened as needed. Nice finish. Good hardware. So far so good.

Those are very nice triple tree, I'm guessing your bike is a 06 model, looking at the pictures, do these triple tree come pre made with the holes that can screw those 2 bolts on your oem dash, or did you fabricate something to make them fit?

Are those clip on similar to oem when it comes to position, does it feel lower or higher in postion?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts