Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kept track of the different bars used by several members since the introduction of the SF.. almost everybody has gone with options that raise and/or widen the stock set up. One guy painted his stock bars.

I want to know if anybody has found or used a bar that matches or even sets a more aggressive stance than the OEM bar.
I am young enough and still enjoy the existing bar,, and if anything I wish it would set me just a half inch forward sometimes. I don't want to paint my bar (in case I want to switch back)
One thing that others may know more about is whether or not more aggressive bars may have interference issues.

·
Bon Vivant
11,245 Posts
The SF bar is the most aggresive motorcycle bar I've ever seen - anywhere.
Much more aggressive than a flat bar because the ends have a proper angle for performance riding, flat bars are more suited for drag racing.

I think the only way to go further is to get some clip-ons - not sure how they would clear the tank.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I think the only way to go further is to get some clip-ons - not sure how they would clear the tank.
I've thought of this myself. Not sure I would really want to change it though. I was thinking a new upper triple clamp would be required that would have clip-ons attached would work. It seems there is really little room to mount clip-ons to the forks as flyn has stated.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe I could buy somebody else's bar .. somebody who found a better bar .. like a rizoma, renthal or something..

Anybody have a stock bar for sale?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, I have gone from the stock bar to the S4RS bar, to the Renthal 814 bar , back to the S4RS bar. Have the rear sets now fitted and with my new standing and sitting position, the bike s more agile so the extra width is not needed and the bars feel more "forward" as I am sitting more to the rear. One set of clip on bars you may want to check is the Gilles Vario bar which are adjustable so may fit better or change position in order to clear tanks etc. It is one set i would try maybe later.

http://www.oppracing.com/show_product/2301-gilles-tooling-vario-bars-clip-ons/

Just my .02

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have kept track of the different bars used by several members since the introduction of the SF.. almost everybody has gone with options that raise and/or widen the stock set up. One guy painted his stock bars.
That be me that painted em then:D

I can always go back if I wanted as the original's are a type of annodising so will stand paint remover I am sure.

I dont think you can beat the look & position of the original bar,just the colour issue is all I had;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking to buy a set of stock streetfighter bars

Hello all,

I'm looking to pick up a stock pair of streetfighter bars for an experiment on my Tuono. Couldn't find anything in the classifieds, but I'm sure someone has a pair they don't need anymore.

Please contact me @ [email protected]

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts