Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

I am looking for detailed pictures from anyone who has a 749/999 (street - not race) with aftermarket brembo clutch and brake mastercylinders installed ... specifically the mounting and location of the fluid resevoirs.

I am considering upgrading, and I am concerned about where I can install the resevoirs and still maintain clearance with the fairing and not interfere with the view of the LCD dash.

Thanks!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Mounting Brembo on 999

Funny you should mention it. I'm finishing that same thing up on my 999s.
The LSL clipons are hollow, so I machined some plugs and expoxied in the handlebars that are tapped so I can hang the reservois off of them. It clears the fairing and does not interfere with viewing the LCD panel

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have the same LSL risers that mbevans has. I used Rizoma reservoirs (fluid tanks) with Rizoma tank brackets.
http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/ProdottiUniversal.cfm?ID_categoria=3&IDSez=1

I mounted the brackets to one of the upper triple clamp pinch bolts. I bought new Brembo forged master cylinders, but they do not have the outward cylinder off-set that the OEM units have, so mounting them inside the the switch clusters, like mbevans has, left insufficient lever over the hand grips, for my taste.

I discovered that the OEM masters are easily convertible to "remote reservoir" configuration, ala Aprilia RSV. All that is required is the proper Brembo bleed-plug and a Brembo fluid feed nipple. Both are available from Yoyodyne for about $15.00. You just remove the integral reservoirs and in-reservoir bleed system, and stuff on the new Brembo bits. This leaves you with OEM positioning of the clutch and front brake controls.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
mines.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the sls risers for my 999s 2006. What height did you have on your setup? Why can't I use the original reservoirs? Is there interference with the bodywork?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5603 met Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Funny you should mention it. I'm finishing that same thing up on my 999s.
The LSL clipons are hollow, so I machined some plugs and expoxied in the handlebars that are tapped so I can hang the reservois off of them. It clears the fairing and does not interfere with viewing the LCD panel

Cheers,
Mark
Major kink in that clutc line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts