Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally taking delivery on my '06 sport classic in black (skunk). :)


does anyone make an after market fairing kit for this model yet?

thanks for any tips or leads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i noticed the cool fairing for the sport 1000 in the little jpg. :p

i'm guessing it would probably look alot like this:



a black one made by ducati to retrofit my sport 1000 would be the heat! :yeah:

i did notice that the PS have a different tank than the sport 1000. the only slight diff is that the PS has extended tabs on the bottom of the tank on each side to mount the OEM PS fairing on to. i imagine that ducati will make a special part to fit fairings on sport 1000 tanks which don't have the tab. maybe a clamp for the frame? everything else looks like a matter of milled or stamped sheet metal to accommodate the forward placement of the headlamp.


i just gotta to be patient and see what 3rd parties and ducati come up with for the rest of 2006.

having my 2/1 termi installed today. :D can't wait to get her on the road!


geospencer said:
Welcome!

Check this out -

http://www.ducati.com/racing/05/ddc/ddc.jhtml

It looks like Ducati is going to make fairings for racing in the "Legend Trophy Classic Class". Maybe they will be available for street use as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
there was a post the other day that i read, and i cant find it. it had listed several aftermarket parts for the sport1000 (fairing, rear cowl, lower cowl, ect.) i can not, however, seem to find that post again. if anyone can direct me to it, i would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh man! i would love that link too! :D


bassphreek said:
there was a post the other day that i read, and i cant find it. it had listed several aftermarket parts for the sport1000 (fairing, rear cowl, lower cowl, ect.) i can not, however, seem to find that post again. if anyone can direct me to it, i would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Sport Classic Fairing and Pieces Parts...

bassphreek said:
there was a post the other day that i read, and i cant find it. it had listed several aftermarket parts for the sport1000 (fairing, rear cowl, lower cowl, ect.) i can not, however, seem to find that post again. if anyone can direct me to it, i would appreciate it.
Here you go guys...It was in the Speedzilla Forum for Sport Classics. The thread is "Zard in Black"...

I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums//showthread.php?t=16072&referrerid=7320

From,
kingcapt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:yeah: thanks for the link!

here's a pic from another board with the front and rear fairing kits:



i am going to see about getting the front set up. apparently they come unpainted. hope they have the framework to forward mount the S1000 headlight so it looks correct. ;)


kingcapt said:
Here you go guys...It was in the Speedzilla Forum for Sport Classics. The thread is "Zard in Black"...

I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums//showthread.php?t=16072&referrerid=7320

From,
kingcapt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think this is the outfit in it who makes these: http://www.romanellimoto.com/

going to browse thru their site now and see what i can dig up. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
otterx said:
:yeah: thanks for the link!

here's a pic from another board with the front and rear fairing kits:



i am going to see about getting the front set up. apparently they come unpainted. hope they have the framework to forward mount the S1000 headlight so it looks correct. ;)
Did you notice the rear cowling? The seat is different. Very cool. Very "racer"! Flat . . . No support . . . Little pad at the rear . . . .

The color combination isn't too hot. They must have put that stuff on a PS frame.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread . . . but where can you get a front wheel stand like that? I want one of those!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
during some late night google recon, i found a site which was offering sport classic front wheel stands. like a dodo i didn't book mark it! :confused:

if i find it again i'll post the link. :p





geospencer said:
Did you notice the rear cowling? The seat is different. Very cool. Very "racer"! Flat . . . No support . . . Little pad at the rear . . . .

The color combination isn't too hot. They must have put that stuff on a PS frame.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread . . . but where can you get a front wheel stand like that? I want one of those!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Contact Pro Italia of Santa Barbara. They make an exact replica of the original 900SS fairing that they just widened to fit on SCs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Sport Classic Fairing

You can contact Trevor at Ducati of Santa Barbara,CA at 805-884-8443. He has a registered TM for a fairing for the SC and it will fit on the PS if you are looking for a track fairing. They look great and he can have them painted in any of the SC colors. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Mistress2 said:
You can contact Trevor at Ducati of Santa Barbara,CA at 805-884-8443. He has a registered TM for a fairing for the SC and it will fit on the PS if you are looking for a track fairing. They look great and he can have them painted in any of the SC colors. :cool:

You can also get them in race trim, without the headlight hole, for your track applications :D . Takes about a month: mine should be here this week :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Here is what Trevor's looks like -




It is a very nice piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
how much

..is a race set (no headlight hole) for the front, tail and belly pan. Unpainted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
There are race kits available now from Ducati. They are unpainted and don't have the headlight opening. Depending on your model there are two packages. One for the sport comes with olins and termi. For ps it comes with termis. Check out speedzilla.com. There are a number of posts on the subject.

Just so you know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
flyhack72 said:
There are race kits available now from Ducati. They are unpainted and don't have the headlight opening. Depending on your model there are two packages. One for the sport comes with olins and termi. For ps it comes with termis. Check out speedzilla.com. There are a number of posts on the subject.

Just so you know...
Greg is well aware of these kits :D

By the way, what happened to the posts on the subject of these kits on this forum? I had them book-marked and get error-messages now. Moderators at work?
Hate to step out of my "anonymity". First post; have been lurking for over a year, signed up a few weeks ago and can't control myself any longer. I may post some more in time to come ......

NN
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top