Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't write on forums often but I had to make a few comments here. A little about myself.....I am 47 yrs old and have been riding and racing bikes for 37 yrs. I raced MX for 21 yrs when two strokes were still cool lol! I have been doing track days for t.he last six yrs riding a GSXR 750. Until a few days ago my streetbike was a 2009 Hyper S. Now I own the 2012 Multi touring.

Today I was in enduro mode ABS and DTC engaged riding dirt roads. The dirt bike days were alive again,then I hit Sport mode and knee pucks were enjoying the pavement next It was Touring mode for a relaxing ride to the house.

What a wonderful motorcycle thank you Ducati for knowing what you are doing. Awesome forum here you guys are very helpful. May see some of you at Fontana or Deals gap or parsons branch I guess it all depens on the MODE.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Don't write on forums often but I had to make a few comments here. A little about myself.....I am 47 yrs old and have been riding and racing bikes for 37 yrs. I raced MX for 21 yrs when two strokes were still cool lol! I have been doing track days for t.he last six yrs riding a GSXR 750. Until a few days ago my streetbike was a 2009 Hyper S. Now I own the 2012 Multi touring.

Today I was in enduro mode ABS and DTC engaged riding dirt roads. The dirt bike days were alive again,then I hit Sport mode and knee pucks were enjoying the pavement next It was Touring mode for a relaxing ride to the house.

What a wonderful motorcycle thank you Ducati for knowing what you are doing. Awesome forum here you guys are very helpful. May see some of you at Fontana or Deals gap or parsons branch I guess it all depens on the MODE.
+1
I've got you beat by 5 years. I still own my very first bike, a 69 Z50 Mini-Trail and BTW, 2 strokes are still cool.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
give me a few more years and I may sell the 749R and the Hyper and the love child of the two will be the multistrada.

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Today I was in enduro mode ABS and DTC engaged riding dirt roads.
Engaged or Disengaged? Are you liking the electronic interventions ? Or are you ripping it up without the electronic interventions?

Enjoy the new ride and give us some more feedback...

Hope your enjoyment keeps going with no brake downs!
Lets see if the 2012 Model has it's shit together.

I gotta think that any issues CAN be fixed by a GOOD mechanic.
Seems some have had some bad luck. Most have been pretty satisified.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like ABS on dirt roads and ABS off on the tight twisties. DTC engaged on both. I think I would like sport tires better but the stock oem tires do both okay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
I myself have been a solid sportbike guy for the last 25 years.
Always did the dirt thing, to keep my skills sharp.
The last 7 years I have gotten the Adventure bug, doing lots of on-off road trips, including quite a few into Mexico.
I bought the MTS as a do'all bike, still a sportbike, but more than capable of ripping on the gravel roads.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

2-strokes ARE STILL COOL!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Such a capable bike to bring out the immaturity (KID) in us OLD FARTS...
Broke a couple of laws tonight:D
Way out in the boonies, I think I may have scared the chickens too...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I was born (roughly 2 yrs before you) and raised in rural Rowan County and still get back there a couple times a year. Most all my family is in NC. I haven't ridden there in over 15 yrs but used to like Bushy Mountian Rd, 221 and many others. Lots of tight and twisty tarmac. Be safe, have fun and run Deals Gap one time for me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on the Multi. Have got the custom sport mode dialed in and wow. Corner speed is right there with my GSXR 750. This bike is amazing track days here comes the Multi lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got this from Greg on another thread. Only difference he ran enduro mode at 150 hp and I ran sport mode. Play with the settings for two up and bags.

I´d be real intrested in the suspension setup you used. My thought on the enduro mode is also to set it up for trackdays since I´m more likely to use the urban mode on gravelroads (love TC..)
Amullo- I ended up with the following settings:
Front C-9 R-11
Rear C-12 R-11
Rear Preload at 16
TC at 3 instead of 4 which is factory for Sport mode.

I started out with rear preload at 14 but the sidestand was dragging pretty badly. Once I upped it to 16 the sidestand never drug again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
preacher53 I'm with you on this. Like you I've been riding quite a while (45 years) and did it when 2 strokes were cool and everywhere. I had a Bultaco Matador 6 Days and a Dalesman of all things (Wish I had kept that one, it's now worth a bunch), plus the usual Kawasaki's, Suzuki's and Honda's.

The Multistrada has impressed me more than any bike I think I've ever had. I've taken it on a 3,800 mile ride out to Colorado and done 13,400 miles in a little over a year. I'm heading out next week to do a 1,600 mile loop up through Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

I haven't done any suspension adjustments yet, but you've inspired me to tackle that. The bike has been pretty much trouble free other than the rear brake recall. Ducati has done a masterful job of bringing a really high tech bike to the masses and not taking all the personality out of it.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts

Gotta agree, the 1200 is a wonderful motorcycle! NC native here, I now live in Fayetteville, but grew up riding the NC mountains. I still try to get up there as often as I can, although I have pretty much given up running with you young ex-racer types. :)

Have fun, Ride safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts