Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have it installed, what is the clearance between the adjusting collar on the eccentric and the carrier (specifically the tapered bolt head that holds the sprocket to the carrier). I just put one on my 2001 748s and it clears but BARELY. I have maybe 0.02 inch, probably less. Did I install something wrong or is this right? Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
pveltri said:
For those that have it installed, what is the clearance between the adjusting collar on the eccentric and the carrier (specifically the tapered bolt head that holds the sprocket to the carrier). I just put one on my 2001 748s and it clears but BARELY. I have maybe 0.02 inch, probably less. Did I install something wrong or is this right? Thanks.
I just did mine also on a 01' 748s.

Not sure what your talking about, are you talking about the tapered hex bolts that hold the sprocket to the carrier or the axel shaft bolt with the 41mm socket? The flare head bolts should be sitting in the recess on the QCC and basically flush with the QCC.

Don't forget there is a washer that sits between the back of the carrier and the axel shaft that rests on the bearing seal.

Can you take a picture?

-CC

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to take a picture tonight. I'm talking about the tapered hex bolts that hold the sprocket to the carrier. They are very nearly flush with the carrier, but not quite. The very top of the flare head bolts stick out a few hundredths of an inch. I do know about that washer and I installed it. It just makes me nervous with such a minimal clearance. I might pull the whole thing off and re-install it, it doesn't take that long. So what sort of clearance do you have, anything more than a few hundredths?

-Patrick

·
Registered
96 Posts
pveltri said:
I'll try to take a picture tonight. I'm talking about the tapered hex bolts that hold the sprocket to the carrier. They are very nearly flush with the carrier, but not quite. The very top of the flare head bolts stick out a few hundredths of an inch. I do know about that washer and I installed it. It just makes me nervous with such a minimal clearance. I might pull the whole thing off and re-install it, it doesn't take that long. So what sort of clearance do you have, anything more than a few hundredths?

-Patrick
I'll measure it tonight. I haven't torqued the 41mm nut down yet.

-CC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Went home at lunch to take a look. Without putting a caliper on the gap I'm going to say it's about .015-.025"

Kinda close now that you mention it..........

Hopfully someone else chimes in on this thread.

Oh, as a final note Renthal sprockets fit that carrier too.

-CC

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures,....look like evryone elses? Anyway I loosened the axle nut and slide the carrier over just to make sure I installed the all washers (one under the circlip and the other one at the end of the hub assembly and one behind the axle nut). I did, and everything looked like it is supposed to as far as I can tell. I also exmined the side of the eccentric adjustin collar just to make sure nothing was rubbing, its not, but boy is it close. I guess that's how its supposed to be if you also have a couple of hundredths. Anyway look at the pictures and let me know if you see anything obvious. The bike is going in for a belt change this weekend maybe I'll have the shop give it a looks-see. Thanks.

-Patrick

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts