Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I just bought a 999R '06 (Hell yeah!)...but, it's gonna be about a week to a week and a half before the bike actually gets in. I was thinking about getting a new exhaust (it comes with half Termi). The dealer is pushing Remus or Arrow, but tbh I don't know much about them. Can anyone please give me a good opinion on those or any other. I was looking at the Leo Vince 57/60 before or maybe Zard, but I personally prefer the look of cans, but I dont wanna mess the lines of a Duc up...and I heard the Remus might? Mounting angle looks a bit odd.

Honestly, I want something that's realllll loud...something that roars :cool: I'm gonna do some more research, but I'd rather have your guys opinions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
churche0 said:
Now, I just bought a 999R '06 (Hell yeah!)...but, it's gonna be about a week to a week and a half before the bike actually gets in. I was thinking about getting a new exhaust (it comes with half Termi). The dealer is pushing Remus or Arrow, but tbh I don't know much about them. Can anyone please give me a good opinion on those or any other. I was looking at the Leo Vince 57/60 before or maybe Zard, but I personally prefer the look of cans, but I dont wanna mess the lines of a Duc up...and I heard the Remus might? Mounting angle looks a bit odd.

Honestly, I want something that's realllll loud...something that roars :cool: I'm gonna do some more research, but I'd rather have your guys opinions. Thanks in advance.
Got the $$ ?...get the HPE/Tubi (see Motowheels) I've yet to see one in person but it's my personal dream pipe :)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
moto said:
I like the Leo Vince 57/60, ZARD and Termignoni systems...
There you have it, direct from the distributor :) I have the Termi. on my 749; it's a good system. I have seen the remus; IMO looks wayy off on the 999, sounds good though.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
999r exhaust

I have a 2004 999r,Fila, and have the 57mm Termignoni which I like very much. I had a set of Remus/Penis cans on my 2003 999 that sounded good but did nothing for HP. I got a PC III for it so the bike ran great. The problem is the Remus cans are too long for the mono tail and just don't look like they belong there. Not even to mention the nightmare of installing the Remus cans with the funky mounting bracket. The Termi half system looks good and it will not cost you any more money. Get a Power Commander PCIII and have it dynoed. You will be very happy and richer in the end. You could go with the Zard which looks OK but it is still not a Termi. Be sure to protect your fairing with heat reflecting material if you get the Termi 57mm system. Even though the stuff has self stick backing use a spray on adhesive to keep it in place. 3M makes a high temp spray on you can get at auto parts stores. Here is where you can get the heat reflecting tape, get the 4 inch wide X ten feet long stuff.
http://www.blrmotorsports.com/suppliesheat.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
leo roars

I've got an '04 999R and just put a full Leo Vince 60/57 Ti system on it. I'm putting a power commander on it tommorow and will post a before and after dyno when it's done. So far it's extremely loud and noticably more powerfull. The other plus is the fit. It doesn't burn the fairing and comes with spacers to compensate for the larger tubes. The only drawback is crappy carbon on the tail piece. I can post some pics if you want.... By the way; even if you get a full Termi system you will need custom tuning, regardless of the "ECU" that comes with the pipes.
Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip on the tape, I'll check that out. I'm starting to think the Leo Vince is what I want. Fila, if you could post some pics it would be much appreciated :) Thanks guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pics

churche0 said:
Thanks for the tip on the tape, I'll check that out. I'm starting to think the Leo Vince is what I want. Fila, if you could post some pics it would be much appreciated :) Thanks guys.

Here are some pics of the Leo system. Oh, by the way I gained 14 hp over stock.

Attachments

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Fila85 said:
I have a 999r Fila also and installed the Termi 57mm Stainless. Had serious burning issues on the fairing even with heat shielding. After a ton of research, and speaking to a lot of folks, I was perplexed. I e-mailed Moto a few days ago and he sent me a CF heat shield that I can work with to push the fairing away from the pipe. The problem lies down under the kickstand.
I have the fairing pushed away now by a small piece of CF, which works fine, but is not a permanent fix.

I'll tell you, I love the Termi sound over any other pipe, and with a Fila, there are Termi stickers all over so...you get the picture. The power is UMBELIEVABLE, did not use the ecu and don't have a PCIII. Runs perfect! Additionally, the angles of the Termi can fit the machine perfectly..

Call Moto and ask them. I bet you'll get recommended to buy Leo....

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Remus pipes look like donkey dicks, don't like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a '05 999r with the Leo system. Unbelievable! Also have a PCIIIusb. It totally changed the personality of the bike, power everywhere, and the sound, pure heaven.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Fila85 said:
Thanks for the pics, I'm so tempted to go with this system.

To those that are curious about the sound, here's a video clip of a 749r on the dyno with the Leo Vince system (I imagine the sound would be no different for the 999r)... If you turn up your sound to the max, you might experience a fraction of what its like to be in this dyno room:

http://749r.info/images/vidthumb-dyno.JPG
http://749r.info/video/749r-04-0149-dyno.mpeg

·
Registered
67 Posts
had the Termi half system that came with my bike then I decided to upgrade to the leo vince and it sounds 10x better and louder

I read that it also has 1.5 more hp and 1.5 pounds lighter than the termi 57

the Leo looks more like what the wsbk guys got than the termi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes

migz123 said:
Thanks for the pics, I'm so tempted to go with this system.

To those that are curious about the sound, here's a video clip of a 749r on the dyno with the Leo Vince system (I imagine the sound would be no different for the 999r)... If you turn up your sound to the max, you might experience a fraction of what its like to be in this dyno room:

http://749r.info/images/vidthumb-dyno.JPG
http://749r.info/video/749r-04-0149-dyno.mpeg
I have to say that while my bike was being dyno'ed I believe it scared away 3 or 4 people from the bike shop ( they sell scooters there too .) It sounds that good and then some.

A

·
0 Posts
I prefer glasspacs with a chrome tip from Pep Boys. Myself, I have a chrome muffler bearing with a titanium kanuter valve. Nice stuff!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
churche0 said:
Now, I just bought a 999R '06 (Hell yeah!)...but, it's gonna be about a week to a week and a half before the bike actually gets in. I was thinking about getting a new exhaust (it comes with half Termi).
Did you buy a Xerox? My 06 R did not come with a half-system. The dealer told me that the S's do but not R's in North America.

Anyway, I also installed the 57mm Termi system. I am a huge fan - it's expensive but I couldn't be happier, it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
etownwilly said:
Did you buy a Xerox? My 06 R did not come with a half-system. The dealer told me that the S's do but not R's in North America.

Anyway, I also installed the 57mm Termi system. I am a huge fan - it's expensive but I couldn't be happier, it sounds awesome!
Nope, I just bought a 999R, I don't really like a bunch of graphics all over. That's just what my dealer said, the bike is still not in as of yet. I think I'm going with the Leo Vince. Oh and thank you for the pics, Fila.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
If your going for power.. Termignoni, no contest.
Get a Corsa 54mm or 57mm full system and either a FIM unit or a powercommander. Fueling on the DP replacement ECU isn´t really good enough.

There is a reason why all the top Superbike teams incl. Ducati Corse use Termignoni systems.. They consistently show good horsepower gains and good torque values.

//amullo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Someone at the dealership has a 999's it came with the Termi's. But he had a Leo Vince exhaust put on cause he didnt like the Termi's...So he must be running Leo's with the DP ECU provided with the 999's race kit. It sounded really nice...Has the intimidating groul of the motor....I'm thinking of the same for my 749 Dark!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts