Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the owner of the BEAUTIFUL machine yet BUT I'm looking at 2007 DUCATI 1098S with only 2800 miles on it. It has a few additional extra's , including a full Termignoni carbon fiber exhaust, Woodcraft rear sets, open clutch, red chain, aftermarket sprocket, LED adjustable tail light, under tail. I can pick it up for $8000 looking to get advice if it's worth it. I currently drive a gixxer 1000 which I will keep but have always loved the Ducati and I'm thinking this my opportunity.

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Sounds like quite the bike...good luck.

Welcome to the forum r4f...I'll look for you in the spring time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like the price is on the low end for the machine. I'd snag it!

You can barely pick up a 998 these days for that price. I guess 998's are a little more iconic though. Still, i'd buy it for that price! 1098's are an awesome ride!

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Big pipes, nice find on an S! Looks worth every penny, due for some work, timing belts, probably tires, check fork seals. Mostly due tragedy not wear. Good luck with purchase.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Welcome! That is a great deal! As long as it's not salvage, I'd do it... Shoot, even if it were salvage, I'd probably do it because it's an "S". Nice find, better snap it up.

Reactions: run4fun

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looks awesome. A recent service would be a bonus. My local Duc dealer has done winter service rates in the past too, so even if you have to pony up for new belt/fluids service, you might get a deal. Call your dealer.
Good luck :grin2:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
ACK! No salvage and one owner! Why haven't you bought this yet??? :grin2:

At this point in the thread, you may already have! Post up your riding impressions when you get it home. Oh yes... Almost forgot, pics when you have time. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Trying to upload pics so you can actually see them! Let me know if you can view and what you think of the bike. Thanks
Hey Run4fun, I bought my 07 999 from this guy he is straight up, sells the bikes for fair to great price. Did not know much of Ducati's when I bought mine (had to teach him a few things) but he took it for a ride and was impressed and have seen him buy and sell a lot more of them since then. When he advertised mine I saw it about 1/2 hr after he put add up and I called and told him I'd be up to see it and put a deposit on it next day. I did that and when I picked it up the next week he said to me "I underpriced huh?" said that he got about 50 calls after I left deposit and signed a contract... Better Jump, is what I'm saying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you snooze you lose! I had to wait until this weekend to get up to see it and someone has a deposit on ? I guess it wasn't ment to be!

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Well you snooze you lose! I had to wait until this weekend to get up to see it and someone has a deposit on ? I guess it wasn't ment to be!
Tough break, once I saw where it was, i kind of figured if you did not have a deposit on it, someone would by now. To get the deals you have to jump fast and have cash, that was one of those deals. :frown2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is true ^^ it would have been one of those spontaneous buys anyways. But to pick up such a beautiful machine at that price with upgrades would have been a score. Maybe the other deal will fall through. I'll stay part of this group for the simple fact that I love Ducatis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts