Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking at an '04 749s, good condition, 6500 miles, no major service yet. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'd reasonably expect to spend on scheduled maintenance (and/or other common glitches) for such a bike?

Many, many thanks.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I don't remember what year they started using the tapered collate system, but it might be 04. If thats the case, doing a valve job on those bikes can get a bit expensive and you can't do it at home, which is kinda lame.

Other then the valve job, everything else is pretty much standard. Most service shops charge between $600 and $800 bux to do valve jobs on 749/999's. I don't know why they're more money then lets say a new 848, but it is true. Service intervals are roughly every 6000 miles, though I run mine longer. There arn't any service issues on the 749/999's besides the stock master cylinders being crap and leaking air into the system, but they all have that problem. Also, the voltage regulators on those bike tend to go pop quickly. But in either case, all Ducatis have one issue or another, they're Italian for gosh sakes! LOL

The 749S is a great bike, I'd buy it! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
04's do have the tapered collets.should the closers be out, the re&re of the heads will add $$$,but its probably a 70% chance they are ok.getting a complete service adds up,but changing your own oil and cleaning your air filters can save you lots .stripping the fairings off also saves a bit. i've heard of service bills as little as $300 and as much as $1400.discuss it over with your tech and you hopefully will have a good idea of what to do,and what to expect . individual techs can differ on how and what they do and whats important

1 - 3 of 3 Posts