Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market looking for a used Duc. Came across coupld of bikes that I'm seeing this weekend. I wanted to get some heads up on what I should be looking for before I see the bike.
(I know its a question thats asked zillion times, but i feel mine has more specifics)
One of them is a 04 749s has around 13k miles on it with loads of mods like Termignoni exhaust, CRG Levers, Ferodo brake pads and Pilot Power 2CTs. The seller also claims he replaced belts a week ago and had valves adjusted, all fluids flushed and fresh, new spark plugs. Has all major servicing done with records for the same, is this some scheduled maintenance interval?
Do I need to be particularly aware of any points to check when looking at the bike?
I have read that 04s had stalling issue, is that true? If Yes how do I check for it?
The other I'm seeing is 05 749Dark with aroun 11k miles on it. I have no details on if there are any mods, but the bike looked clean in pics. Is there any particular aspect I need to be aware of a 05 model?

Any help and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
For stalling issue just take it on a test ride and squeeze the clutch a few times while you ride and when stop and idling after rev, see if the bike stalls after rpms drop.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
The Dark model does not have the adjustable head, meaning it is not the best if you ever want to go to the track with the bike. The S model has the adjustable head so you can basically change the handling characteristics by changing the head angle (slower or faster). The S sounds like a good deal if it just had a major service as well as having all the extras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts