Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Arizona and am considering a Ducati Monster from a private party located in Texas. I'd have it shipped.

Can someone advise me on how to do a safe/secure funds transfer ?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in Georgia and purchased a bike through cycle trader from an individual in California. Prior to any form of agreement and payment, the seller and I FaceTimed a few times. I was able to see and hear the bike and get a general sense of who I was dealing with. Everything appeared legitimate, and I was happy with what I saw.

We set up sales terms and payment through an escrow service, and I released the funds as soon as the bike arrived. this was my first long distance, sight unseen bike purchase and it couldn’t have gone smoother.

If yo do your due diligence and take a few steps to mitigate any fraud concerns, there shouldn’t be a problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Georgia and purchased a bike through cycle trader from an individual in California. Prior to any form of agreement and payment, the seller and I FaceTimed a few times. I was able to see and hear the bike and get a general sense of who I was dealing with. Everything appeared legitimate, and I was happy with what I saw.

We set up sales terms and payment through an escrow service, and I released the funds as soon as the bike arrived. this was my first long distance, sight unseen bike purchase and it couldn’t have gone smoother.

If yo do your due diligence and take a few steps to mitigate any fraud concerns, there shouldn’t be a problem.

That is good advice, if I go thru with the purchase that's what I'll do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts