Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Advice on cleaning/rattle can painting a center stand?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Kirigakure 
#1 ·
Oil changed on my '13 MTS S today (what a fistful of suck). Removed the center stand, and it looks rough. I want to just clean it and rattle can paint it, nothing fancy. What's an easy way to do it? Just clean it with kerosene and paint it? My first time performing this "mod".

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd find a local powder coater and get it powder coated for about $100, you'll never have to do it again.

You can then use any solvent on it, to clean it, without any fear of damaging the surface.

Reactions: Kirigakure
#3 ·
Ah that's a good idea, I might try that actually. Hitting up the 22nd annual US Desmo Ducks on the Blue Ridge this coming Friday, so I wonder if I can get that done by then. Thanks for the suggestion!

#9 ·
Just had my belly pans powder coated,if your having any doubts....DON'T!!
Durable stuff!
I work at a shop and a local guy who we outsource painting and powder coating to is doing it tomorrow for me....for friggin' $25. Yeah, I think that's a deal! If it looks good I plan on doing my belly pans as well. You have a pic to share of yours, I'd like to see how it came out for you.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.