Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a nutshell it doesnt fit my size 14's. adjusted it to max height still not good. adjusted the spline for more height still no good what i need is a longer lever with a wider toe. looked at reverse shifters which would be great for me as im used to norton 1up 3 down but that moves the shifter closer? before i take the lever off , section it and add 2"i'd like to know if any bigfoots out there have/had the same problem and how they sorted it. thanks in advance

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't know if it'll help your 14's but my 12's appreciated adjustable pegs from JC. These ones:

Aella DUCATI Adjustable Foot Pegs

Gives an extra inch or so in any direction and they won't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Move the footpegs back:

MFW footpegs

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/69960-po-mans-rearsets.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/91841-poor-man-s-rearsets-ducati-designs-adjustable-footpegs.html

And/Or order slingshot racing Shortie GP Shift lever:

Slingshot Racing : Ducati CNC Reverse Short Shorty Shifter Monster S2R S4R 695 [SDX SHORTY - 3 OZ] - $69.99

The shorties look like a sub $100 fix that will put the shifter further foward; giving room for you foot AND give you GP (reverse) shifting.

SSR website show a pix of the shifter location (near the front sprocket). The toe piece is eliptical; you can rotate it increase the distance (slightly). Above picture shows the shifter at full length, it can adjust to a shorter length, giving more distance to the footpegs. You can guesstimate if it will give you the length needed using the above pix.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Move the footpegs back:

MFW footpegs

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/69960-po-mans-rearsets.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/91841-poor-man-s-rearsets-ducati-designs-adjustable-footpegs.html

And/Or order slingshot racing Shortie GP Shift lever:

Slingshot Racing : Ducati CNC Reverse Short Shorty Shifter Monster S2R S4R 695 [SDX SHORTY - 3 OZ] - $69.99

The shorties look like a sub $100 fix that will put the shifter further foward; giving room for you foot AND give you GP (reverse) shifting.

SSR website show a pix of the shifter location (near the front sprocket). The toe piece is eliptical; you can rotate it increase the distance (slightly). Above picture shows the shifter at full length, it can adjust to a shorter length, giving more distance to the footpegs. You can guesstimate if it will give you the length needed using the above pix.
My vote for Post of the Month. Is NExE getting paid for this stuff? Great info!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Paul Smith Fork Guard & Oil Cooler Guard, GTRossi Touring Hugger, Fat Duc O2, Fastbike Fork Frame Swingarm Sliders, Desmo Case Saver, Gerhart Gauge Lowering Bracket, Kuan Steering Damper, AG Hammer Fork Brace, Dobeck EJK, caCW Air Filters, TPO Idle Air & Crankcase Breather, Aella EVO.

This is for a gt1000. I looked at those shorties and while it gives gp shifting which I want it faces rearward? And decrease the distance from foot peg center to shift lever center? Am I looking at this wrong? Wouldn't be the first time

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Damn you GT1000!

There goes my gold star.

Forgot how foward GT1000 pegs are. Form the fuzzy online pix found, the shorty won't help.

Sorry, scrap my post.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks anyway nexe. I'm wondering if I got the shorty and sectioned 3" out of it would the lever be too short to shift. Leverage wise I mean. My foot is strong as hell but not real flexible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts