Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and soon to be a new Ducati owner, but I'm not new to motorcycles.

I was hoping to reach out to the Hypermotard group as I'm looking to purchase a 2008 1100 standard or S. The bike at the top of my list is a 08 standard with 7,000 miles and I wanted to know if there is anything I should be aware of for that year at that milage. Such as the major service intervals and/or any other issues you guys have come across.

Thanks guys!
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it hasn't been done...the 7500mile service is about due. It's not cheap at a dealership...so see if you can work something into the deal if you go for that particular bike where the dealership will hook you up with a free or discounted service. Best of luck and if you pick it up and want to go for a nice ride shoot me a message. Mt. Lemmon is 28 miles of fun twisties and 1/2 way between your location and mine.

CMS

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CMS,
I spoke with the dealer today and they quoted me that the whole service would cost at most $1,000, depending on the condition of the belts. Does that seem to be around the average price for everyone?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm in SoCal and I've been quoted anywhere between $900-$1200. So I said F that and rode up to San Fran for Moto Shop's Ducati valve clinic. So worth it for $180. Check the valves, replaced belts, oil, oil filter, air filter, and throttle body syncing. Now I think I love my baby even more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys as of tomorrow I will be an official owner of a Hypermotard!
Its a black 08 1100S, and I will be taking and posting pictures of it with my DSLR this weekend. That is assuming I'll be able to get myself to stop riding it.

Thanks again for all the advice guys, can't wait to start contributing to the forum now!

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait for the photos!:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got mine just before thanksgiving and that's all I want to do. It's the same 2008 100s and I have spent many late night's try to figure out what to do to it and all the darn lingo as to what your doing out there. My first are the oil cooler cover by evotech and the a carbon fiber rear huggerwith the chain guard. Little rocks keep getting in places I don't want them. Then either the cat delete or the full pipe replacement. Then the slipons. I like the dual exhaust in titanium. Hope someone comes out with titanium carbon fiber other than those expensive Termi.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my plans to pick the bike up today were halted when we got one of the 7 rainy days that happen in the Phoenix area every year >.<

So keep your fingers crossed for me guys that there's no rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We need the rain in the Valley...

A day or two more of wet weather, I hear.
Congrats and ride safely.
:)

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
this exhaust was hands down the best improvement i have made to my hyper. Project SC dual race pipe.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. I always return home with an ear to ear grin after a session on my Hyper :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts