Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few moments of viewing the forum, my screen is being taken over by a page telling me I must update Adobe Flash player.
When I checked on this I find it’s no longer being supported as of 2020.
What can I do to get this off my screen permanently? It’s happening on all the forums I visit but started on this one.
I assume this is a scam ?

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
Here is some info on Adobe Flash Player. Adobe is ending support this year. I don't know if what you're experiencing is a scam. You can go to the Adobe support website and download the latest (and likely last version) directly from them.

Here's a link to an article talking about the end of flash support:

·
Administrator
12,247 Posts
There is good odds of it being a scam when it is appearing across a bunch of websites. I would clean out your cookies and clear your cache.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
If you don't need flash for something I'd suggest entirely blocking it (you should be able to find instructions online for your browser).

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
In other words, there is nothing originating from this site that uses flash - some advertisements might, but I have flash disabled in Chrome on Windows and receive no such notices here. If you are using Chrome or Safari on Apple, your experience might be different.

·
Registered
'00 748s,
27 Posts
it is scam, it is tied to safari. it has come up for me only on this site 3-4 time in the past couple of months. it is a redirect that will take you to adobe or Norton for an update. it usually goes away after a few days but it is a pain. if you have Mozilla or chrome you will not have it.
-m

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes , using an IPad and Safari. It’s redirecting me and the only way I’ve found to get back to the forum is the back button, which will only give me a few minutes before the ad takes over the screen again. The message is that I cannot continue without updating Adobe Flash Player, which is true because the ad won’t go away. I only have it on the DucatiMS, Monsterms, and Triumphrat.net websites My Ipad is fully up to date.

·
Administrator
12,247 Posts
I am getting the same message on CNBC with my iPhone using Safari right now when I check the Dow Futures. Must be a skanky little cookie that is getting put out there.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not an internet or computer whiz. Is there anything that can be done from your end ?
Thanks, Duc96cr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts