Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told you can adjust the seat on the 999? How is this done? I see you can slide the piece where you pop the rear tail into? Do you just push that forward and pivot the seat up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't believe there is any adjustment on the bipo rear seat. There is adjustment on the seat/ tank for a mono.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How do you get to it??? I have a mono

If its the bolt im thinking of, under the seat..How in the world do you get to it!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look in your manual.

My manual (2003) says.

Seat/ fuel tank adjustment (Monoposto)
ON the single-seater version, the complete seat-fuel tank-tail guard assembly can be adjusted by sliding forward and rearward along rear subframe (1) axis. This provides a 20mm adjustment range for the seat (2) to meet rider's preferences.

yadda... yadda.

If you can't find it in your manual post up and I'll type out the rest.

·
Registered
698 Posts
How do you get to it??? I have a mono

If its the bolt im thinking of, under the seat..How in the world do you get to it!!
Its not that one. There are 4 bolts. At each side of the seat there is a bolt that secures those plastic seat tab/moldings. Remove these. Also looking up at the bottom of the seat you we will see that on each side there are also two smaller bolts in slots in the subframe - the slots offer the range of movement. loosen or remove these and either push or pull the seat/tank unit as one piece. It can require some effort and jiggling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I found where they are and adjusted. Wish the back tail section you could make closer for more upper butt support, bit more comfortable if your following me. Also discovered how you pull the gas tank off as well....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts