Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My Haynes says to adjust the idle speed, you need to turn the throttle stop screw on the underside of the carbs with a long screwdriver.

I've tried to spot this elusive screw but I'm having problems - do you need to remove the side fairing panels? Is it easier to reach the screw from the front of the bike or the back?

Thanks for any insight...

d.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do it from the front. I did once and I don't remember if I had the fairing off or not. Either way, it would be easier with at least the right side off.

I used a torch to help find it - I think it is closer to the right carb than the left. Just be careful as there is another screw there that adjusts the balance - but that one is harder to get to.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If put your head behind the front tire and look up at the carbs you will see the throttle cable bracket connected to the right carb there is bend in it half way between the screws that mount it to the float bowl the screw to the right of the bend and next to the float bowl is the idle adjustment it is easier to adjust with the fairing off and a flash light to see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts