Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make adjustable rearsets for a '93 900SS? Usually the Woodcraft ones are, but not for this bike. Just need a bit higher than stock.
thanks,
-Armen

·
Registered
222 Posts
...sexayyyy.... :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
There's a set of the Cycle Cat rearsets in the classifieds section now. I used them when I had an SS. Will be difficult to get parts for them though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If Axljak makes rearsets that fit the 93 900SS then I would not hesitate to reccomend them. His products are really well made.

Also you say that you want higher than stock peg location and the Woodcraft although not adjustable are in fact set higher and further back than stock so they may still be an option for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have these on my 98 900SS FE. We can still get them out of Italy if you still want them.
I have these on my SS. The are beautiful.

I do have a question that I can't find the answer for regarding the brake light switch. I know I need a hydrolic pressure switch to replace mechanical original, but don't know any more than that. Is there a particular item that fits my set up? The bike is a 1997 900SS and has the same set up as an FE

Thank for any guidance.

Steven
Sydney, AU

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,264 Posts
Do you know offhand what the bolt size and thread pitch of that particular banjo bolt switch is Moto? That info doesn't appear to be listed anywhere on the webpage.

I'll be going with the Cyclecat DRS2 rearsets on my '95 and I need a 10 x 1.0 banjo bolt brake switch if you've got it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I put Cyclecat adjustable rearsets on my '92 and they came with a switch. I adjusted it and hooked the wiring up from the rearsets I removed. Don't think a banjo brake switch is required, unless you want one. The rearsets I have are from a few years ago so I guess they might have changed them since then.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,264 Posts
I put Cyclecat adjustable rearsets on my '92 and they came with a switch. I adjusted it and hooked the wiring up from the rearsets I removed. Don't think a banjo brake switch is required, unless you want one. The rearsets I have are from a few years ago so I guess they might have changed them since then.
Awesome! Thanks for the info Spacey. :)

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Any rearset option for the 99+ model SS?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Woodcraft, Sato, Ducabike and probably more.

From an eBay ad, the Ducabike are adjustable, including the brake lever which attaches to the engine.

Sato SATO RACING | DUCATI SS900 / SS1000 (MH900e / Paul Smart 1000LE / Sport 1000) Type 2 REAR SETS
comes with brake lever attached to the rear sets and from a pic the master cylinder is mounted on the rear sets and away from the exhaust pipe, which would solve the ongoing problem I have with heat on the cylinder and no rear brake.

Woodcraft look to have two options - with and without a new brake lever that attaches to the engine.

For some other bike brands I have seen adaptor plates with a series of holes to allow moving the stock brackets to different positions. This would affect the distance etc. to the stock brake lever.

Richard

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have Acculigns on mine. Infinite adjustment (within an outside range). They are really, really nice. I don't believe they are in production any more, but you never know what you might find used.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts