Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I wanted to lower the ride height a bit on my 2010 848. I'd like to not completely feel like I'm pushing my butt up a hill backwards every time I get on. So I was hoping you all could help me out with a couple of answers.

Basically, I'm guessing I'll have to buy an Adjustable linkage to lower the height. That being said,

1. Ducati offers two: the Corse Billet Al version (96764008B) for $490 and the standard Al (96765208B) for $170. I'm not likely to be tracking the bike, just looking for bit more comfort on the street. So, other than looking trick, any add on the billet over the standard Al?

2. Anyone have any recommendations for a third party solution for less?.

TIA

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt,

Thanks for the recommendation.

I checked it out and thee is one for $15! Quite a savings from the new OEM versions and I don't suppose there's anything that could really go wring with it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd like to not completely feel like I'm pushing my butt up a hill backwards every time I get on.

TIA
You can just get a different seat that doesn't slant down so much at the tank, or modify the one you've got. Changing the ride height is something you want to do to affect how the bike handles, not where your butt goes.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes the threads seize in the rod so be sure to remove and anti seize them before you install it.
Great hint. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can just get a different seat that doesn't slant down so much at the tank, or modify the one you've got. Changing the ride height is something you want to do to affect how the bike handles, not where your butt goes.
I'd expect pretty much all the Ducati seats to maintain the same relative position/slant of the seat since they are *start hyperbole* essentially cardboard contoured to the underlying support. *end hyperbole* Although I'd agree you generally do it to modify the handling characteristics, it seems as thought he only way to modify the angle of the seat would be to lower the ride height.

I'm willing to replace the seat if that is what it takes. Any recommendatsions or experience with an aftermarket seat that has a higher front I should look into?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts