Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just had a Brembo RC 16 master cylinder installed on my SC1000 mono and it's sooo much easier now. However, I'm no longer able to start the engine in gear as the micro switch cable was removed as the RCS' don't have a microswitch plug. Is there a way to add a microswitch to it somehow? Has anyone done this?

Also, I've noticed that I have to dial back the lever (away from you) all the way so the clutch can disengage/engage properly. I currently have an Oberon slave and EVR clutch basket (48T) as well as 48T clutch plates (dry clutch btw).

Any advice would be most welcomed!

cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Mike,

you have two options:

1. Use a pressure switch:
Bremslichtschalter 90°, hydraulisch M10x1 kurz mit Kabel - TELGESparts - Brembo Motorrad Bremsbeläge Bremsscheiben Marchesini Serien- u. Rennsporttechnik Vesrah Endkunden & Händler

Thats what i use at the moment. The good: You can start the bike with gear in, clutch pulled. The bad: You are able to drive with side stand down. Got to be very careful!

2. Use a custom microswitch:
https://mcet.de/eshop/de/de-kupplungspumpen-brembo-/kupplungsschalter-rcs

Second option is ideal.
Andreas

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,886 Posts
I used the hydraulic switch when I put the Brembo 16 RSC on my Monster. I sliced it to the original micro switch wiring and it functions identically to the stock switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DuckMan,

Thanks very much for replying. That looks great! :grin2: May I ask where you got that hydrolic switch and how much was it?

Cheers!

Mike

I used the hydraulic switch when I put the Brembo 16 RSC on my Monster. I sliced it to the original micro switch wiring and it functions identically to the stock switch.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
virtualcowboy,

Thanks very much for replying! I think the second option sounds about right! I'll have a look see and possibly order asap!

Cheers!

Mike

Hi Mike,

you have two options:

1. Use a pressure switch:
Bremslichtschalter 90°, hydraulisch M10x1 kurz mit Kabel - TELGESparts - Brembo Motorrad Bremsbeläge Bremsscheiben Marchesini Serien- u. Rennsporttechnik Vesrah Endkunden & Händler

Thats what i use at the moment. The good: You can start the bike with gear in, clutch pulled. The bad: You are able to drive with side stand down. Got to be very careful!

2. Use a custom microswitch:
https://mcet.de/eshop/de/de-kupplungspumpen-brembo-/kupplungsschalter-rcs

Second option is ideal.
Andreas

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,886 Posts
DuckMan,

Thanks very much for replying. That looks great! :grin2: May I ask where you got that hydrolic switch and how much was it?

Cheers!

Mike

Just about any parts house carries them. Not just Brembo but several different brands. Just google it. I think I gave about $15 - $20 for it. It May have been from Motowheels or STG, don’t remember.

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I offer full conversion using the stock connector and pressure switch.
A pressure switch usually grafted to the stock connector on the bike.
This would mean cutting the OEM switch wires.

Brembo does offer a Ducati connector and Pressure switch but it is a little short so it has to be lengthened for use with the 2007 and up S1K or the Gt1000 with bars. It will barely fit 2006 with low clipons. Lengthening service is available from JC/Pak Bikes

BTW
If you but the RCS from JC/PAK Bikes
The Clutch Pressure switch is included
Although not attached. Pressure switch with stock connector Conversion service is available

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello ma2ra,

I would be most interested in getting the full conversion from you. How much are you selling it for?

Cheers!

Mike

I offer full conversion using the stock connector and pressure switch.
A pressure switch usually grafted to the stock connector on the bike.
This would mean cutting the OEM switch wires.

Brembo does offer a Ducati connector and Pressure switch but it is a little short so it has to be lengthened for use with the 2007 and up S1K or the Gt1000 with bars. It will barely fit 2006 with low clipons. Lengthening service is available from JC/Pak Bikes

BTW
If you but the RCS from JC/PAK Bikes
The Clutch Pressure switch is included
Although not attached. Pressure switch with stock connector Conversion service is available

1 - 13 of 13 Posts