Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my eye on a 2012 Pikes Peak. Very clean looking bike.

The Good: Full service history at the dealer I go to. Has 2 brand new tires , new belts and an annual service as well as top and side cases. It also has adjustable levers and a center stand and only about 6500 miles. Other than that it appears to be all stock.

The Not great (but really not that bad): It appears that the 12s at least early on did not come with the slip on Termi or the carbon shorty windscreen. No heated grips or cruise control.Those are not deal breakers as far as I'm concerned.The 2012's had my favorite livery for these bikes.

I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow. I have bought several bikes there so they will hold onto it for me until tomorrow. (unless someone comes in with cash I suppose). I have to raid my stash and maybe sell a gun to pay off my Monster before I buy another bike.It will take a minute or I would just get it tomorrow. The price is $9500 which seems like a lot of bike with low miles for the price.

So school me on Multi's. What to be wary of , what the normal problems for that year etc. I was thinking of buying an air cooled multi next year because I can do all the service but I have always loved the look of these bikes and I need a sport touring rig.
Gonna be hard work to scare me off and the guys at the dealer have always been very good to me so I'm sure the bike has been looked after.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
The '12 pp did come with the shorty carbon windscreen, no termi slip on nor anything else you mentioned.
I absolutely loved it after i got rid of the cat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2012 1200S. I would suggest that you purchase a warranty and service agreement from the dealer if you can. So far in less than two years I have had failures with key fob, heated grips, fuel sensor, and now my left turn signal indicator on the dash is failing - all covered by warranty. Got about 18,000 miles so far and I love that bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a low mileage 2012 pikes peak last year. Quickly added 5k miles last season and looking forward to more riding in the spring. Have had 1 small issue (the fuel sensor issue many here have experienced) but it has been great outside of that. Don't think you will regret the purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts