Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got the 1200s 2017 model which I don't get to ride much. I've noticed whilst riding that the bike wants to turn on roundabouts(when going right, the bars want to turn right on there own). Also when going through fast bends the bike feels like it see-saw's.

I've checked and tried different tyre pressures, as I would get that effect on my ST if the pressure was low in the front. Does the active suspension alter on the move? Also I'm a big guy, so the rear shock is to soft for me. I do wonder if my weight is causing the rake on the front to change? Rear preload is on 24 in sports mode and front is standard.

John

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
125kgs big!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try adding some preload to the front forks, I have put 6 turns on the front fork preload as I am 80kg and it feels much better..

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'm no suspension guru but if everything is tight on the front end and being a new bike, that is likely, I would focus on the rear. The front suspension steering geometry needs a consistent rear suspension reference. Your comment about the rear "shock" is informative although not sure if that is technically accurate. Both ends of the bike should be sprung to respond on the same plane to load changes in a turn. If the back sags, you will have a turning effect. Not sure is this is an active suspension inadequacy or or a static setup problem for your weight. You could have a lighter person ride it and see what their experience is.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Sachs Suspension has progressive rear spring, and the first part of its travel is very soft, so your more than likely getting too much sag, either a heavier spring, or crank the rear preload up to max, you will also need more front preload. do a rider sag measure, so see where your at, but I'm betting the spring rate is too soft.

Reactions: allazurra

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well finally had a play around today, turns out my tyre pressure gauge was reading between 8-10psi over, so I my tyres were under inflated! Also put 8 turns on the front preload and that has made a huge difference. I'll still look at changing the rear spring though as it still feels like the back is squatting under acceleration. So far though it's a massive improvement! Just need to look for a reliable tpg!

Reactions: jqworle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts