1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
You thought traffic on Angeles Crest Hwy was bad already, just wait until they reopen the top section that has been closed which will again connect it to Wrightwood!!

Ceremony is at 9:30 and it reopens at noon on May 20th

http://www.wrightwoodcalif.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1f8b5528e4835a0b70d&topic=13858.msg212886#new

I'll be watching for Hypers wheelieing in the background during the ceremony!!

Cheers
I'm 99% sure we will be closed that week:( so I plan on being there and riding all the way to Wrightwood. Last time was 2003,4,5?? It's been so long I can't even remember. FYI, I've been told that they repaved much of the road:)

EDIT: Todd, It's soooo deserted up there. Once you get past the tunnels you'll hardly ever see another vehicle. One morning (years ago) I came across a guy who had crashed. It was almost two hours before help arrived.

EDIT:EDIT: I'm in town Memorial Day weekend if anyone wants to do a early Sunday ride all the way to Wrightwood. It be pretty awesome if we could get a huge Ducati/PI ride going.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Oh oh! I'd be down for that!

..and I'll be up ACH to Newcombs this Sat morning if anyone wants to join.
Driving to SF tomorrow morning and spending Saturday watching Pegram race at Infinion. I'm driving back EARLY Sunday morning so I can catch the races at the clubhouse.

See ya next Sunday!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Memorial Day Weekend:eek: Some of us Trust Fund Babies :rolleyes: will be going to a track day on that Tuesday so the weekend will be bike prep and conserving tires... i.e. no riding for me.

well maybe...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like where the directions say from LA take Hwy 2 to Vincent Gap? Then the flyer says the ceremony is at 9:30 am but the road opens at noon. typical CalTrans but I think I might attend. It's only about 20 minutes for me.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
-this saturday: can't as i'll be at a father/son camp out on the beach in Malibu :mad:
-this sunday: daughter has her first communion....done in time for races! :D
-wednesday, ceremony day: i hate ceremonies and i hate traffic, but have 6 weeks vacation :) built up for shite like this
-memorial day weekend = laguna beach? but would ride back in the dark to make the early morning Wrightwood ride :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm probably down for a Saturday or Sunday morning ride up ACH.

Gonzalez and a buddy were out in force this past weekend. I heard they were staking out the roads just past Newcombs, but we passed them down near the bottom.

Anyways, someone should send out details and I'll try to make it!!

·
booyakasha!
916 Posts
I'm probably down for a Saturday or Sunday morning ride up ACH.

Gonzalez and a buddy were out in force this past weekend. I heard they were staking out the roads just past Newcombs, but we passed them down near the bottom.

Anyways, someone should send out details and I'll try to make it!!

You're not kidding! They were everywhere.

There were some CHP on the 605 north and southbound on-ramps (at the top) looking for speeders to and from the 210 freeway.

Additionally, there was a couple of CHP near the ACH exit on the 210 West.

And then again on ACH. Phew!

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I don't think Wednesday is going to happen. I need to wait for some trucks to pick up orders that we are shipping.

SUNDAY IS ON THOUGH!

Lets just make a plan right now. Meet at Shell station at 8:00 - 8:15, be fueled and in your gear for a 8:30 AM departure.

Thats the plan, who's in? Man, it's gonna be awesome to ride that road again:D

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
i'm in on the Multi given that the 6.4gal hasn't been installed on the HYM. will get Glenn to come as well.

see ya there

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might go if the group gets big enough to where I can see some old friends and meet some new ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts