Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding up to NewCombs this coming Sunday Sept 27th. Meeting @ the Shell station (Foothill & ACH) @ 7:30am.

Who's in?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of enforcement on the weekends, what is the pace like?
Ride at your own pace. I know if I can't see around a corner I will not push it. Last thing I need is another ticket.

Also from what I've heard as of late, the poo-poo have relaxed their patrol on ACH. From what I heard. We are also going up early. Coming back down is when you have to watch your exit speed. :D

Come down, you'll have a blast.

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is a no pressure ride. Just a few guys hanging out to talk about Monster and go up for a nice mellow ride. LEO's are hit and miss -- I've gone up Sunday mornings and havent' seen one single cop on the ride up or down. Yet I've gone up on the weekdays after work and see 1 or 2 cops as they patrol for the Lancaster/Palmdale commuters.

Join us, it should be a great ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rumor has it that he is retiring in six or so weeks. One of the cops who you might see in the later afternoon/early evening on weekdays is a forum member so you dont have to worry about him. Have fun guys.
Its not Garcia (or Gonzales) is it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've met Gonzales and he is a pretty cool cat. I told him a fireman joke up at Newcomb's that I think he enjoyed.

Cops are not out to get us as long as we are responsible drivers. Taking senseless accident reports (or worse, fatals) is no fun for them. Try seeing it from their perspective.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've met Gonzales and he is a pretty cool cat. I told him a fireman joke up at Newcomb's that I think he enjoyed.

Cops are not out to get us as long as we are responsible drivers. Taking senseless accident reports (or worse, fatals) is no fun for them. Try seeing it from their perspective.
So you seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about me and what I think.

Not saying he's not a nice guy or that he's not looking out for people's safety. Not sure where you got that from my post which contained no content about him.

Do you personally know about every ticket he's given, and whether or not it was reasonable or fair?

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
So you seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about me and what I think.

Not saying he's not a nice guy or that he's not looking out for people's safety. Not sure where you got that from my post which contained no content about him.

Do you personally know about every ticket he's given, and whether or not it was reasonable or fair?
Whoa there, Desperado. Put them guns away. :eek:

I think he was just making a friendly, very general statement based on his personal experience with the guy. Then, after he relayed a personal story, he added a general statement about LEOs ... at least, that's what I got out of it.

I don't think it was directed at you, personally.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whoa there, Desperado. Put them guns away. :eek:

I think he was just making a friendly, very general statement based on his personal experience with the guy. Then, after he relayed a personal story, he added a general statement about LEOs ... at least, that's what I got out of it.

I don't think it was directed at you, personally.
OK , Fair enough :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts