Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DECIDED TO MAKE THIS RIDE OFFICIAL AND MAKE A NEW POST

Meet at the Shell station on Foothill at the base of ACH at 8:00AM and depart at 8:30 sharp. We'll be riding the newly opened Angeles Crest Highway to Wrightwood, having HAM STEAKS and then heading back down. If you ride a Ducati or a KTM:D you are invited & encouraged to come along on this EPIC ride. If you've never ridden this road you are in for a treat like no other.

Heres a article from the LA Times to get y'all fired up.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6585700.story

See y'all Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
i am so confused as to what clutch cover and plate to don....and i yet to figure out my own wardrobe! :D

bawlz

lookin' forward to seeing our ol' pal "shake 'n Jake" out with the homies

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can anybody tell me if the ACH to the 138 to the 15 is open?? I want to be able to go over to the 15 frwy and the map shows I can but I'm not sure that is open all the way this route...
Angeles Crest Highway will be open ALL THE WAY on Wednesday (May 20th) at noon. An historic moment unrepeated ever since 1956 when it was originally opened! - After the great winter of 2005 it was closed until now.

The experience of it opening is about to happen once again - it's loop time baby.

Have fun guys - as usual the crest is always better at the end of the day - less crowded, less cops, and a more sleep on the weekend.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
i am so confused as to what clutch cover and plate to don....and i yet to figure out my own wardrobe! :D

bawlz

lookin' forward to seeing our ol' pal "shake 'n Jake" out with the homies
Whoa!! Jake's going to ride? I might have to make this one...

I'll be on The Rack unless, by some miracle, my NCR parts arrive and get installed by Sunday. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Angeles Crest Highway will be open ALL THE WAY on Wednesday (May 20th) at noon. An historic moment unrepeated ever since 1956 when it was originally opened! - After the great winter of 2005 it was closed until now.

The experience of it opening is about to happen once again - it's loop time baby.

Have fun guys - as usual the crest is always better at the end of the day - less crowded, less cops, and a more sleep on the weekend.
RU going? Aloha Alex

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I just copied this from Mike's link to the LA Times:

Server Error

We are sorry, but the server is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try back later.

Thank you for visiting latimes.com

WE CRASHED THEIR SYSTEM, BABY!! WOOOT!!! :D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm 80% right now and hope to make it. I miss my buds!

:abduct:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Where is the nearest gas station after the Shell station at the bottom of ACH? Is there one in Wrightwood? I'm going over to the 138 then to the 15 and I want to make sure that I have the range...Any help?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It opened to the public at around 1030AM
The Road condition is amazing
Especially from the Wrightwood side gate and into wrightwood the road is newly paved. AHHHH the fresh smell of NEW Asphalt!!!

HERE is a little preview
the gate is OPEN!!!

and

Da New Bridge

Sorry about the image quality. Camera phone y'know.
Nevertheless it gives you a taste of what you'll see

BTW
Only Two CHP vehicles were present.
I would think it will be considerably more this weekend.

JC

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It opened to the public at around 1030AM
The Road condition is amazing
Especially from the Wrightwood side gate and into wrightwood the road is newly paved. AHHHH the fresh smell of NEW Asphalt!!!

HERE is a little preview
the gate is OPEN!!!

and

Da New Bridge

Sorry about the image quality. Camera phone y'know.
Nevertheless it gives you a taste of what you'll see

BTW
Only Two CHP vehicles were present.
I would think it will be considerably more this weekend.

JC
I had much more fun relocating our ENTIRE design studio than you did riding ACH on opening day:( Nothing like moving three industrial sewing machines, 30 bankers boxes, 2 pattern tables, 8 cabinets and still not being finished to brighten one's day.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I used approx 1.5 gallons from the Shell station in La Canada to downtown Wrightwood on My Paul Smart

Wrightwood GAS

Where is the nearest gas station after the Shell station at the bottom of ACH? Is there one in Wrightwood? I'm going over to the 138 then to the 15 and I want to make sure that I have the range...Any help?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.