Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed and connected the lghts last night.

Decided to leave the lights as high mount running lights.

Here is what they look like at night (-) the headlight.

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
on the motostrano site.....they are supposed to work as blinkers...you had wired them to the headlight then? I might want to ape this....any tricks?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the motostrano site.....they are supposed to work as blinkers...you had wired them to the headlight then? I might want to ape this....any tricks?
The original plan was to enhance visibility by adding conspicuity lighting to the hyper, as covered in this thread. Flash pattern modifications don't seem to work since the blinkers are controlled by the ECU/PLC.

I mounted oberon dual faced blinkers (visible from front and back) front and rear as optional units and use the factory controls to activate them. This will free up the factory or optional handguard lighting to be used as high and away running lights. I connected them to the marker lights inside the headlight housing. Although the acerbis dual road handguard lighting is fairly bright, I have ordered a set of custom dynamics new lava stingers to replace the acerbis led lights as they are way brighter and are spaced closer together (more of them).

I know a lot of hyper folks aren't too fond of the pimp light mods, but be aware that I'm not doing this to pimp mah ride....I'm doing this to stay alive.;)

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
thanks for the extra info. I have the DP tall mirrors with blinkers so I will just get the guards and wire the stronger LEDs into the running light harness.
Very cool, and not at all pimpelicious.

thx
luke

The original plan was to enhance visibility by adding conspicuity lighting to the hyper, as covered in this thread. Flash pattern modifications don't seem to work since the blinkers are controlled by the ECU/PLC.

I mounted oberon dual faced blinkers (visible from front and back) front and rear as optional units and use the factory controls to activate them. This will free up the factory or optional handguard lighting to be used as high and away running lights. I connected them to the marker lights inside the headlight housing. Although the acerbis dual road handguard lighting is fairly bright, I have ordered a set of custom dynamics new lava stingers to replace the acerbis led lights as they are way brighter and are spaced closer together (more of them).

I know a lot of hyper folks aren't too fond of the pimp light mods, but be aware that I'm not doing this to pimp mah ride....I'm doing this to stay alive.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not that you may care what I think (or anyone else), I like it!

And I concur, not at all pimpelicious.

Nice job Treads...

·
Premium Member
2016 KTM Super Duke 1090R
189 Posts
nice touch.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Updated

Changed out the acerbis led lamps for the lava stingerz from custom dynamics.

Here are the running lights:

A shot of the blinkers:

View of the stingerz installed:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are those handguards of any use other than a wind block and to hold the turn indicators? They are stupid money for what they appear to be, like $179 with the LEDs!

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Looks freakin sweet Treads! Good job!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I crashed my handguard. If it breaks again, I will replace with your solution. It looks pretty good. However, I will have white LED on the front side of the handguard just like your first image and have the orange blinker on the side, just like your last images.

Thank you for the post.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought a pair for AU$151 including shipping from MX1 australia online shop. It is good quality built. It comes with a three spacers each side and I can see it only have one fasterning on the bar end side and the other end is suspended. But the fasterner looks quite strong.

I have installed it as I KNOW the stock is as fragile as tofu and I am using it as a backup.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts